GRAND OPENING New Hamburg Mall

:eyes: kinda yikes - Iā€™d try motivating & encouraging players 1st

1 Like

Itā€™s on my list! Will bump it forwardšŸ‘Œ

1 Like

This sort of thing tends to happen quite often when giving away plots. The only way to really stop it is to not give plots until the person has built, but then that has its own set of issues.

4 Likes

Like nova. @AeneaGames plots it than gives it up after built. I didnā€™t finish my build cuz ā€œlifeā€ but she saved everything so I didnā€™t lose anything. That to me is a fair and easy way to do it. If you can

4 Likes

Visited the mall for the first time yesterday, was amazed by the size and the beauty!

2 Likes

Very nice indeed! :heart_eyes:

@SwissHugo Some people can only play on certain days or weekends. Sometimes things come up in real life and they arenā€™t able to complete a project as quickly as theyā€™d like to.

If youā€™re able to, maybe run a contest or offer some incentive for a stocked/completed shop?

2 Likes

Sorry for plotting in both of your malls and not doing anything with it immediately! But the fomo is real and I am planning on using the land, so it shouldnā€™t stay empty forever. As Vex said, stuff comes up irl and in-game, priorities have to be shifted (temporarily) and plans get pushed back :frowning:

4 Likes

No worries :blush: @Mayumichi

1 Like

Felt the life priority part, Iā€™m with ya on that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I will be building my shop soon :blush: waiting on my neighbor Prime so we can collaborate

The good old name and shame technic. I can bring the tomatoes to throw as wellā€¦be like back in the 18th centuryā€¦haha

1 Like

Hello, everyone.

maybe it was a mistake to put the names to posts, but you have to understand me too i have needed almost 3 months to build the mall and it is not quite finished and when i see empty shops but they have an owner i find that very shady.
I donā€™t say anything when the shop is only 1-2 weeks old but itā€™s been almost 4 weeks and there is even a player who has 2 shops and both are not finished.

There are new players coming every day who want to have a shop that I have to say sorry there is no more space.

I enquire about the players I have posted the names of.

kindest regards SwissHugo

2 Likes

Iā€™ll assume this is lost in translation :woman_shrugging:

When you create a town or a mall, it requires great patience & a lot of negotiation with other players.

Iā€™ve been asking for town permissions or commerce beacons with specific permissions. The only tool we have right now is to plot a certain way & use buffers - but that isnā€™t a perfect system (not that anything is). We kinda have another one with Guilds, but the permissions (all or nothing) are too broad in my opinion.

Some people play everyday. Some people donā€™t play that often. 2 weeks might seem like a long time to some players, while some consider 6 months to a year a long time. Everyone is different.

If you have extra plots to expand or make an annex, that might be helpful. If someone isnā€™t responding to you in anyway, you might be able to ask James for assistance.

4 Likes

Is there a mall on this game that doesnā€™t have empty shopsā€¦ itā€™s just the nature of the beastā€¦

2 Likes

thank you for this advice

1 Like

I agree with major and Superman, itā€™s pretty much unavoidable with the current system of owning plots. Both @majorvex and I would love a system to let mall owners relocate inactive shops to the edge of the mall, perhaps with blueprints we will be able :crossed_fingers:t3:

7 Likes

Youā€™re not the only ones! Having a mall takes patience and diligenceā€¦

5 Likes

Forgetting someone, are we? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I would also love a rental type beacon so mall/market/town owners can rent out beacons with a set of rules.

I know some could abuse that beacon system but mall/market owners generally want to stay in business and would not do such a thing.

I hope, since the protection buffer thing is gonna be tackled soon, that this and other beacon/plot stuff is gonna be changed then as wellā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™ve removed my store at hamburg mall so the corner shop is up for grabs! If you would like a nice corner shop this is the moment to do so