Green Energy Things

How about some green energy machines and things?

Like solar panels that only give spark during the daylight.

Windmill blades we can craft and place on our builds.

A Watermill that can be powered by bricks of water that we collect, or have it placed in the water, and it can do its magic.

Using lava and water for steam energy that can produce some spark.

Just some fun ideas for the future.

17 Likes

I wish we could use lava somehow, right now its not that useful besides deco and inorganic crops.

3 Likes

Ohhhhh dear… I think this is a really cool idea, but I’m worried about what the Coal Miners’ Union will say when they find this thread.

6 Likes

We will never see @Enistachia again :frowning:

2 Likes

I like these ideas. I think it might add some automation to things that some players find too tedious or overly-grindy.

8 Likes

lol I am always here. Just reading the post mostly and tapping hearts. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I agree, the lava is in need of some further utilization.

2 Likes

Totally. Like with the solar panels the spark can only be used while you are in game during the daylight and have something using the energy. Battery packs and stuff can be filled as extra crafting items and used as power sources. :man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Oh-oh! :innocent:

Waterwheels aren’t technically green but in the realm of Boundless, totally for it.

2 Likes

@james could this be possible ? I assume it would as there i alrdy crops that grows in daylight

1 Like

Was literally wishing for solar panels and water mills today to put in my small “permaculture” garden on Ceph lol

3 Likes

For water Mills to work, all you’d really need to add in game is a rod piece that spins clockwise. The paddles can be built and chiseled off of that single piece.

2 Likes

I would love these and moveable parts. It would have to have definite drawbacks of course so coal and peat are still needed

I feel like it’s very possible to do since helixes already spin. Idk anything about coding but movement is movement no?

Great ideas in this post… love the ideas.

You said “permaculture” <3<3<3<3<3

Yep until I can buy land IRL i guess I’ll have to do it in the boundless universe. Saving money is hard in these trying times.

1 Like

1 Like