Grey fog/rendering issue?

First picture is from inside someone’s house (the issue happened there for some reason)

the second picture is directly outside their house, for comparison, i tried to face about the same direction

ive never seen this before

if more screenshots are needed i do have a few more

Could it be the fog that appears so that the game has the time to load the environment?

1 Like

he is right, this happens everytime i go through a portal or load in the game for the first time. It is pretty normal

I’ve noticed this much more since the portals were added. I would imagine it will be smoothed out over time.

1 Like

true loading is slower since portals - I havent changed my settings and it loads so slow sometime that I run into grey mist

1 Like

have you lowered the chunk download rate? I would imagine this would have the same affect you are seeing as you’re essentially loading the surrounding area much more slowly

as I said I havent changed my settings - last time it happened was like 3 weeks ago or more

Loading isn’t slow, rather the portals increase the amount required to load. Hence it may appear slower.

5 Likes

Ah, I somehow managed to skip over that tidbit of information! Maybe try lowering it then to see if it helps :wink:

2 Likes

The latest update should also help with this - as we reduce the download require per portal at the cost of reducing the draw distances.

2 Likes

this happened after being on Solum for quite awhile. my portal to my shop is fairly close, but id been through it, then went for about a 5 minute walk to my home, did stuff there, then came back and this happened.

i went through my portal and did some mining on Vulpto, when i came back i did not have this problem, even though i ran around this location trying to see if it would come back.

so it should have been loaded by the time i went to this place and saw the issue

1 Like