GUI Visual Development

what does c stand for is that some currency

Coins
- 10 chars

2 Likes

The currency is going to be called “link(s)” though.
C doesn’t really make sense :stuck_out_tongue: well I guess that’s a placeholder anyway

Nice looks like a great step in the right direction for sure

I thought they said they were called Coins, but that was before they changed it to Links.

1 Like

Well they said the placeholder name was coin^^

For everyone who’s interrested why they are called links ^^

1 Like

This is what I read. I also said that this is what they were called before the were called Links. Hope this sentence maked any sense :sweat:

1 Like

Japp, +1 for this … If I could only chose one of the both possibilities, I would take a 1-row-Inventory (which would stay on screen), so please give us the options (later, when most work is done :wink: )

5 Likes

The current toolbar is placeholder – when dual weilding is enabled we’ll move over to a new switcher :thumbsup:

6 Likes

It more and more sounds like we’ll get a complete overhaul of everything we know at the moment.
That really makes me excited!

2 Likes

She put ‘link’ in quotes to show that it’s not the name of the object, just what it is more easily recognizable as. Ollie said the currency is called Coin in @Scortion’s post, so Coin © is very likely what it will be called.

I certainly hope it’s not called coin. Such a generic name isn’t even worth considering for Boundless in my opinion.
Link(s) has a really nice sound and represents it’s function perfectly so I’d vote for that over coins anytime^^

(And we can jokingly call them Zeldas too. Nothing can beat that^^)

3 Likes

Definitely, anything is better than ‘coin’ :smile:

1 Like

Coin may not be the best sounding name is terms of coolness, but I think it’s the most universally known name and makes it immediately identifiable about what it is and the purpose it has. It allows anyone to pick up the game and instantly know what it is.

4 Likes

A little tutorial would solve that issue. A game “bragging” about it’s uniqueness(and the links are original) shouldn’t call it’s currency just coin.

2 Likes

For me, a good game should be intuitive, and an intuitive game shouldn’t need a tutorial. You should be able to just pick up and play, without the need to be told “go here” or “do this”.

I’m not saying I’m in full support of the term “coin”. All I am saying is that it is a universally known term for currency. I think as long as “coin” is displayed in-game in an intuitive and an immediately understandable way, which I strongly believe it will be, it can be called anything you like really - although, adding a known term or phrase to an object / function just lends additional weight to how immediately identifiable it is.

4 Likes

You could do this by having the currency be sectioned off to the rest of your items. As soon as a player encounters a shop it should click that the links are currency.

1 Like

i hope to see its oon ingame ^^ i hope the new bar is than 1 line ^^

1 Like

I think the concept of currency is so incorporated in our everyday live that its pretty easy to grasp, regardless of its name (Final Fantasy: Gil / Legend of Zelda Rupees / EvE Online : ISK / The Elder Scrolls : Septims or Drakes, there are hundreds of games with unusual naming for their currency and I´d never considered that as unintuitive or confusing)

1 Like

I beg to differ - by way of example, an occurrence in this very thread…

Pasted image1301x778 132 KB

If someone has to ask the question … it’s not intuitive. Most of us already know it’s “Coin” as we’ve frequented the forums often enough to remember the posts regarding the name - and given opinions on it.

I know these are place holder images and not final, and that it can be easily remedied by simply placing the links/coin image in place of the ‘C’. Again, I’m not against it being named something other than ‘coin’, I’m merely identifying that it needs to be intuitive and identifiable by everyone, not just seasoned gamers.

2 Likes