Guild Books and Banning people

So today was pretty much a poo show in illumiNaughty and apparently we are not aloud to talk about it. However, one byproduct is what is going on is this…the trolls (there are 3) joined our guild last night.

After seeing what they did to Quebec (which took most of my morning to see what they had done) I asked them to please undo it or they would be removed from our guild… so we removed them.Only to have them turn around and re-join two more times. So now we have to have our guild book so that people cannot auto join. Is there not a way to ban and block people? Seems unfair that the vast majority of people who would like to join and play nice now cannot because of the actions of three individuals.

This has been an extremely disappointing day. I was hoping from some dev presence or response and I’m hoping to still get that…The best thing has been the amount of community support we have received from other Boundless players…not to mention the Footfall… and you all know how I love me some footfall.

Anyway, my suggestion is to give leaders the ability to block individuals from joining. We at iLLn work to hard to give the fools our buffs.

22 Likes

The devs have got to either put in precautions so we peaceful players can deal with the jackholes, or they need to get more heavy handed with the jjackholes so they don’t want/feel like they can do these kinds of things. At this point it’s bordering on absurd. This game population is already small enough. Driving off proper players for trolls to get a few laughs is nonsensical.

10 Likes

This is our second time we’ve had to build our city center due to greifing. I really don’t want to do it again. :disappointed:

I have a good feeling this will all be over soon. The whole situation is just absurd. Today was the Boundless Community at its worst and best. Lots of familiar names dropped by to show support, give footfall and witness the ridiculousness. Don’t give up and move just yet. :wink:

7 Likes

it is a big problem in this game … you have to play a lot of hours to get to something … and in less than 2 seconds everything can be compromised. The private worlds really seem to be the solution in my opinion

I hope for you that tomorrow will be a thing of the past

this game is not for the paranoid lol

6 Likes

Its 100% true that we can not allow public name’n’shame on these forums and that threads that do so will be locked by asap. But that does not mean you’re not allowed to share names or keep a personal blacklist discreetly. We at ]i[ Illuminoorti have had fairly peaceful and drama free interactions with members and players by keeping a private blacklist of persona non grata that we will not interact with, trade with, or give business to for various offenses in the game or forums. It’s made our lives better, and I recommend other communities curate their own lists.

6 Likes

@ginabean You should absolutely be allowed to block people that break a guilds coc. Our guild only has 4 of us, we just didn’t want to run a large guild, but we benefit from large guilds as they organise the hunts that we love as it gets us lots of goodies, or open hubs that let us travel all over, or open mining networks that get us our crafting materials. Giving the leader/s of the larger guilds more options on how best to manage member admission or banishment would be a fair addition, imho. :yum:

3 Likes

I feel like a ban list should have been something that would be part of introducing guilds.

Anyway, glad to see Quebec and illunaughty are a-ok with each other and just need the bad apples taken care of. :blush:

5 Likes

No one was name shamed in the last post. I crossed out names. I think locking posts should be done as infrequently as possible. Otherwise it’s not as respected.

Pardon my tone… it’s been a long day and I’m a bit crabby… lol.

7 Likes

this for sure needs to be a thing the one thing with boundless is even if you keep a personal blacklist it goes out the window has soon has someone deletes there char there is no way to till a alt form a main or even if the char is on the same account so a ban via account would be super helpful

5 Likes

I’m not talking about a blacklist necessarily, but the ability to block them from the guild book itself. We should be able to block usernames.

5 Likes

No offense taken, and I wasn’t implying that you were guilty of name and shame in that previous post, but we are trying to be more vigilant in making sure that player reports are handled more discreetly and through the proper channels compared to how it’s been handled the past.

2 Likes

I lock my book up if someone wants to join they can msg me but there isn’t nor will there ever be an open book. (unless I forget to lock the door which I have done once or twice in a hurry). Open Guildbooks are blind invites and sorry you never know what youre gonna get PLUS I dont know if folks are aware but these folks can see beacon timers as well.

3 Likes

This situation name shaming should not be a concern. It should be embraced, rules or not. These people are here to ruin the fun for others. Ginabean did what was best and continued with building her beautiful city. (Saw her almost drown couple time building under water) these 3 players did nothing but torment her and her guild. I feel bad for what she had to deal with today and Quebec. Disagree if you like it’s just my opinion.

3 Likes

To be honest, if that ban system (guild book) not related to account but only character, they can just simply create the other alt to join and do the same thing at your city. Devs should take sometimes to give players a general name no matter what characters they are using. This allow players to identify troll easier. The current system (name for each character) really just give the mask to those coward to hide behind it.

4 Likes

That’s why I like the psn id under names. You know it’s that person, no matter what alt they’re using.

I wish there was some visible account id for steam users.

2 Likes

Sooo… Just discreetly wondering if, by chance, there happens to be an off forum “wall of shame” to caution other players?

Discreetly, mind you.

(runs)

3 Likes

The upside to that? All three of the genius aggressors involved in this situation are PS4 players. :joy:

1 Like

I saw. And cackled with glee.

Keep trolling. Get psn banned :smiling_imp:

1 Like

as I told Ginabean in private, she is very brave to have played under these circumstances today. I have a stepfamily that gives a total of 7 children … I can not add 3 more loll … please save me that X)

I think there are times when you have to let go … and today was one of those moments for me

1 Like