Guild Buffs and The 'Verse

HALLO

I think a little minx once told me that guild buffs don’t work outside of guild land, so I kind of thought … well, there’s not much point aligning to any given guild as primary beyond a pretty name.

However, I was then told that actually it’s only some buffs that aren’t active outside of guild land.

Is there a Wiki page, or Guide somewhere, or a KB article that details exactly which ones will protect me whilst I’ve decided to take a swan dive off a mountain, or play fetch with Spot, my pet spitter?

Or is it down to the guild where the effects are felt?

Your character will receive guild buffs from the main guild you are aligned to. They apply to your character, anywhere…not where you are.

Fall damage removal, the hammer one, and the healing one only work inside guild aligned beacons.

2 Likes

I was thinking of hunting only for some reason, my bad (speed, grapple, etc).

2 Likes

Just set us as your main guild already :stuck_out_tongue:

You know I’m joking, but seriously, the guild buffs are super helpful - have a look around and see what people have to offer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s a whole list somewhere, we went though this.

Sadly, with the way the forum is set up, it’s lost in a flood of “general” category posts from the last 5 or 6 years.

Spark and wear also only works with guild-aligned machines. Which means it has to be used in guild-aligned workshops. Bonus consumables I’m not 100% sure about.

Grapple and run, hammer versatility, a couple of the others work on your character wherever you are.

2 Likes

We run Grapple, Spark and Wear and Hammer versatility. Everyone in our guild seems to like those.

Ah, great, cheers, folks. Seriously, very much obliged!

Should the table be updated on this wiki page here?

I’d do it myself, however it would appear that I can’t get into that account (plus their ad/cookie thing is evil).

I think I’m the ‘minx’ in question haha. I was referring to the zero damage builders buff, that only works in an aligned beacon.

2 Likes

You talking about Hammer versatility? That works everywhere I’m pretty sure

2 Likes

Hehehe … Well, if anything I’m now more confused…

Anyway, I made a rough table, but didn’t edit it into the Wiki, because the existing table appeared to be generated automatically from a list, which I didn’t have the authority to change the template or something.

Anyway, basically, if someone creates an Area field for the information/info boxes, then that can be used to indicate:
EW - Everywhere
GL - Guild Land

Here’s a mockup of how it could look, just paste it into the editor … none of the Area column entries are filled in … because, of course, I’d need to know that data. :wink:
All buffs work in a given area, this is indicated in the third column. Buffs that work on Guild Land are represented by “GL”, and and buffs that work EveryWhere are represented by an “EW”.

[[Category:Guilds]]
{| class="wikitable sortable"
|+
! style="height:26px; width:26px; text-align:center;" | img
! style="height:26px; width:100px; text-align:center;" | Name
! style="height:26px; width:26px; text-align:center;" | Area
! style="height:26px; width:26px; text-align:center;" | Prestige
! style="height:26px; width:26px; text-align:center;" | Craft XP
! style="height:26px; width:26px; text-align:center;" | Build XP
! style="height:26px; width:26px; text-align:center;" | [[File:Coin.png|24px]] Value
! style="height:26px; width:400px; text-align:center;" | In-game description
|- style="vertical-align:middle;"
| style="height:26px; width:26px; text-align:center;" | n/a
|[[Bonus Consumables Helix]]
|
|Get more out of Food and Brew Crafting with a Bonus Consumables Helix. When active, there is a greater chance of creating bonus Items when Crafting consumables for Guild or Faction Members.
| style="height:26px; width:26px; text-align:center;" | [[File:Brew_Extension_Helix.png|24px]]
|[[Brew Extension Helix]]
|
|Enjoy Buffed Up hunts with a Brew Extension Helix. When active, gives a bonus to any active Brew Buffs for Guild or Faction Members.
| style="height:26px; width:26px; text-align:center;" | [[File:Builder%27s_Buff_Helix.png|24px]]
|[[Builder's Buff Helix]]
|
|Build faster with a Builder's Buff Helix. When active, Chisel Durability and Block Placement Speed will be increased for Guild or Faction Members.
| style="height:26px; width:26px; text-align:center;" | [[File:Building_Safety_Helix.png|24px]]
|[[Building Safety Helix]]
|
|The Buff Machine for Guilds who like to Build and Build high. When active reduces Falling Damage whilst also increasing Block Placement range for Guild or Faction Members.
| style="height:26px; width:26px; text-align:center;" | [[File:Defeat_Insurance_Helix.png|24px]]
|[[Defeat Insurance Helix]]
|
|Don't be a Defeatist with the Guild Buff Machine that helps reduce the Defeat Penalty.
| style="height:26px; width:26px; text-align:center;" | [[File:Gatherer_Healing_Helix.png|24px]]
|[[Gatherer Healing Helix]]
|
|Harvest for Health! When active, applies a Buff which recovers Health for Guild or Faction Members when Harvesting Surface Resources.
| style="height:26px; width:26px; text-align:center;" | [[File:Grapple_and_Run_Helix.png|24px]]
|[[Grapple and Run Helix]]
|
|Take your expeditions further, faster by getting a Grapple and Run Helix. Guild or Faction Members will enjoy an increase in Run Speed and Grapple Length making exploration a little smoother.
|[[Hammer Versatility Helix]]
|
|Get more out of Hammers with a Hammer Versatility Helix. When active, Hammers used by Guild or Faction Members will do more Damage to Dirt-type Blocks.	
| style="height:26px; width:26px; text-align:center;" | [[File:Home_Healing_Helix.png|24px]]
|[[Home Healing Helix]]
|
|Give your Guild a great Healthcare package! When active, provides a handy Buff that regenerates Health for certain Members when in Guild-Aligned Beacons.
| style="height:26px; width:26px; text-align:center;" | [[File:Lava_Protection_Helix.png|24px]]
|[[Lava Protection Helix]]
|
|Lava won't be too hot to handle for your Guild with a Lava Protection Helix. When active, applies a reduction to Damage caused by Lava for Guild and Faction Members.
|[[Spark and Wear Helix]]
|
|Make Crafting more efficient with a Spark and Wear Helix. When active, Guild or Faction Members will enjoy lower Wear and Spark requirements when using Machines.
|[[Weapon Augment Durability Helix]]
|
|A Weapon Augment Durability Helix helps your Guild get more from their Weapons. When active, Weapon Augments are more durable.
|}

Oh, and Beth, even if it was you, I hope it’s obvious I’m being playful … no ill will here … not never, mate! :smiley:

Someone updating the gamepedia wiki with this would thrill me. Like most stuff, what’s currently there is not complete because there is only one of me and I’d rather be playing the game lately.

The Guild Buff table in the wiki is built using a database query. You’ll want to add a new field to the database table, update the infobox template and list query, row, and header templates, and the page for each individual guild buff. Yes, maintaining the wiki is a lot of thankless work. You can always PM me here or on the wiki for help.

4 Likes

Cheers, @bregma, just about to jump on the BROWN hunt if it’s on, but I’ll try to ping you after, perhaps. :slight_smile:

I love wiki – I’m glad to hear it’s active

@bregma … I’ve updated the template, but not the database, because:

I’ll leave you to update the database table with the field.

It doesn’t necessarily need data in it, yet … others can fill that in, but won’t be able to unless the field’s ready. :+1:

Also, the table you’ve linked to is different to the one on the pages I mentioned earlier … I think … unless you’ve removed some … and the images …

This one has more in the table, and that table is also dynamically created … reckon there might just be a mismatch somewhere … but I’ll not delve any further!

The first table you linked to is a table of Guild Buff Helixes, which are pulled from the Items database table. It’s a different table because a Helix and a Guild Buff needs different information.

I’ll try to get around to updating the table in a few hours.