Guild member limit is 100... Wait what?

We have a book for overflow in front of our guild hall off the Grovidias Te PS hub!

2 Likes

yes and if that fills up we can make more overflows. but people can join multiple factions too. This is not an ideal solution :frowning:

1 Like

a cap is good but the cap right now is way way too low if we are hitting the cap even with are small playerbase then that is a problemā€¦normally the player cap i have seen in other MMOā€™s for guilds is 1000

4 Likes

The name of the release was ā€˜Empiresā€™. A cap of a 100 isnā€™t even a town :grin::grin:

4 Likes

Well technically the cap is 800. Since each faction is not a guild in itself and is controlled by the leader of the main guild.

Personally, I think the design of the guilds/factions is not fair to settlements. Each faction should be able to have their own directors separate than the main guild.

1 Like

not if you plan to use the features that the factions provideā€¦ You can only manage 100 people at a time.

2 Likes

Unclear what is meant hereā€¦ I think a cap this low stands to alienate players and force big guilds to exclude people in a forced move toward ā€œmonopolizationā€ for the sake of having alts managed and accounted by membership of the parent guild. I may be misunderstanding the context for use of ā€œmonopoly.ā€ I am open to hear more on the case of how itā€™s a bad thing for big guilds to get bigger, if thatā€™s what was meant.

The Curse of the Alt Parade.

I wish 1 char could just do it all.

4 Likes

Devs should get rid of alts and allow us to have as many skill sets as we want, IMO.

6 Likes

I do like alts as an option. I do not like alts as the only option. Boundless forces you to have alts if you want to have the full package.

Also, I dislike starving to death because I changed skill tabs.

3 Likes

Only if the skill set progression starts at lvl 1, just like alts and all my alts get added as skill sets. The way skill sets work right now is garā€¦ermā€¦not good. They require way too much XP to advance.

1 Like

I fail to see the point of having such a low cap in the first place. As the game grows in player population, content, and overall popularity, the cap is going to need to go up anyways. Setting it low now is kind of a backwards decision.

What I would like is to see the cap raised to 2000. Whether most guilds reach that is completely irrelevant. It at least provides room for the smallest guilds and largest guilds in the game currently with space to expand their ranks.

Guilds shouldnā€™t be forced to make actual full fledged sister guilds that are branches of the main just to have another allotment of membership slots. That also presents guild management frustrations for absolutely no reason.

I really want to know the reason to set the limit number for guild members. -_-
Guild system in any games are related to competition.
You want more people join, you need to spend more time to communicate with others or promote your guild.

People saying that some guilds will monopoliz is really weird here.
I mean with or without the guild system we all have guild discords setup, and that can be no limit for members. We have 100% free to control the member number in our discords.

To be honest if the cap is 100 or 200 including alts, i prefer they donā€™t release this system.
It just make people feel our guild is full and we stop recruiting new members.
It only cause huge confusion and misunderstanding for people who may wants to join our guild.

Also devs already allow people to have 10 guild in list to switch at anytime,
Players can always choose the best one they love.
If 600 players choose in 1 guild, mean that guild must done something amazing in some area.

If the reason is because the coding side issue or system data issue itā€™s somehow accepted, but i still wish devs can fix it as soon as possible.

But if this member limited design base on ā€œbalanceā€ purpose, it will be the most weird guild system i know in my life.

1 Like

Itā€™s an irrational fear based off absolutely nothing valid. I donā€™t get it either man.

2 Likes

I think it is based on buffs and the cost of the buffs. At 160,000 coin per week or 8.32 millions per year, I think there is a fear that a lot of guilds will not have 24.6 million coin per year to spend on the best buffs. So the ones that do will be the guilds that have all the members? Or at least that will be the players primary guild so they get the buffs.

Not sure but all I can think of.

Edit I guess it is possible the developers want guilds to compete for members and the way to do that is limit the membership? But 100 members may still be to low.

Exactly how I feel.

Kinda low key hoping the devs are noticing the problem with guilds filling up quickly bc of alts and decide to try and redesign the skill cost/skill sets/progression so ppl donā€™t feel the need for so many alts unless they want a diff look or name. Or privacy. shrug

1 Like

Well, People all have equal opportunity to become a strong guild.
Guild like Ultima and Ps they donā€™t get really strong advantage than most of us.
They have something great portal network setup is correct, but you still canā€™t say its the best setup in future.

A lot of nice guild grow after ps & ultima as well.

If they need money to get the guild buff ( which i donā€™t even think those buff will affect most end game players lol)
they can always start a good business to make money to active their buffs.

It takes time for sure, but for most famous guild people paid their time too, the difference is they put their effort earlier, and they joined the game earlier.

1 Like

Organized guilds will be able to manage all of that. It isnā€™t like the buffs are game breakingly necessary.

Even if the idea is to have guilds compete for membersā€¦ I think thatā€™s going to lead down a path where guilds kick members out cause they arenā€™t providing enough coin cause they are a worse shopkeeper than someone else that is replacing them. I donā€™t know if it would promote healthy competition. I just see elitist scum beggary happening.

I could be very wrong though and want to be considering all the toxicity that exists in the game anyways.

EDIT: Also, 24.6 million coin a year isnā€™t a lot.

@wade44423 Personally I am not sure the buffs are worth the coin, but others might feel they are vital to gameplay and create and ā€œAdvantageā€ to wealthier guilds. I do wonder about such a massive coin sink, but that is off topic.

I would agree that the buffs are not game breaking. I know they have talked about adding more buffs in the future, but I would think they would be pretty careful about what they introduce. And they could always take it back when it runs out so no one has to loose anything.

I personally would agree that having guilds start to kick out members to stay under a member limit is probably going to be really bad for the game.

I would disagree that 24.6 million coin is not a lot, but that is based on my experience.

It isnā€™t a lot. If you have a 100 member guild that each person can consistently each month afford 100k coin. Adds up fast. You can pay for that 24.6 million multiples times a year. But thatā€™s talking about an ideal situation and those arenā€™t very realistic. I donā€™t know if itā€™s manageable or not. I care more about the plot and settlement protection stuff. I am with you though on the buffs not worth the coin.

I think one of the developers of Crowfall best put it: ā€œthe juice isnā€™t worth the squeezeā€

I donā€™t see it being a problem for a guild that wants to finance those buffs. It might actually incentivize players who have inactive shops to make them active instead of wasting peopleā€™s time visiting them just so they can find a place to buy tools or sell their resources at.