Guild plot progression idea

My suggestion for guild plot progression mirrors the individual players plot progression system in a way. My suggestion is that when a guild is founded, it is given a small allocation of specialized plots. These plots are each tied to a specific profession, and advancing these professions inside these plots raises that guilds xp in that profession. Additionally, members who raise their xp in a guild’s appropriate plot gain a small coop bonus to their own professions’ xp.

For example, a guild sets down their “builder” plots for an HQ, the builders then build the HQ, the guild gains xp in building and a few extra building plots per level, and the builders gain bonus xp to their profession for work within the guilds plot. Those newly gained plots can be allocated for a larger guild HQ, or establish secondary guild outposts, towns, etc.
Mining can work in a similar fashion- first place a mining plot beacon, mine the contents, then gain additional mine plots and xp. (This idea needs further work!)
Trade districts could be simply a subset of build plots that also gain xp whenever a trade or plinth purchase is made inside it’s influence.
Attack may simply be tracked based on a players individual actions, and could feed a small portion of xp into the “builder” plots so as to provide a second avenue of xp gain besides just building.

Let me know your thoughts and help me expand on this idea a bit! I just have the beginning of a ssystem here, but with your help I think a viable system could come from this.

3 Likes

Can you merge to the Guild Plot post we were using so we don’t get too many mixed discussions? Just wondering before too many threads pop up.

I considered posting this there, but as its an entire different approach I did not want to hijack that thread.

2 Likes

Sorry but I gotta say that this system is way too complex and fiddly in my eyes.
Assigning beacon plots can already become quite confusing, adding plot types to the mix = :boom:
A general ‘coop bonus’ sounds like a great idea tho.

I think it might be crucial to first get a definition for Guilds and their use before detailing plot-mechanics.

Are guilds supposed to found entire Cities, simple Guildhalls or both?
Or do they just claim territory,favoring members / punishing foreigners?

Will Guild Plots work just like community owned player plots?
Or will Guild Plots utilize a new mechanic (territory)?

And since I gotta meet my PvP-mentions per Topic quota:
How should PvP play together with Guilds?

It’s an interesting suggestion man but personally I think i’ve decided i’d prefer player plots turning into guild plots.

I think it’s the best method to support dedicated guilds and build player trust. Guilds with their own level system could become conglomerates and, in my experience, this leads to a level of social detachment where players no longer feel socially connected to their fellow guild members.