That almost seems rude :wink:

1 Like

Some that I made :heart:

Simple, but I like it

Some kind of box

Wonderstruck Guild! :boundless:

Another box.

2 Likes

All those great ideas … but still I fear that there will be a lot of frustation if a logo is already taken by another guild. later ingame (if they are unique).

One option might be to randomly generate, say, 5 logos during guild creation, and have the leader pick one (or just have a “refresh”)

1 Like

I don’t think it will be a problem.

There are 40 connecting points on the the glyph so there’s loads of scope for variation. Just change a single point to make a unique logo. I don’t think there will be any more frustration here than finding out your preferred username or guild name is already taken - that’s why they had these things as rewards for early adopters.

3 Likes

This could probably parlty be negated by having som system to show which other glyphs that exist which are already similar to what you have. That would stop the need from testing 100+ different combinations untill you find anything at least.

2 Likes

Closest I could get to the companion cube

8 Likes

Just to prove a point… prepare yourselves for a spam post ^^

I used an example from @ben earlier and used the Traders Profession glyph as a basis for some variations…

As you can see it’s pretty simple to get a lot of variation and create something unique… and these only changed the outer border!

But as @Thorbjorn42gbf mentioned, it would definitely be a nice feature to show some of the existing ones that are similar to what you are trying to achieve, so you don’t get stuck in a submission loop trying to create a unique logo!

2 Likes

With 1,099,511,627,776 unique combinations, I’d be surprised if players aren’t able to get one the like.

Reserving the design you want for your guild means there’s even more reason to get in early (like you all are), so I imagine you’ll all be fine.

5 Likes

@ben When you quote the number of unique combinations, that takes into account (by elimination) those that are isomorphic under transformation, right?

Am I right in saying that rotated versions will also be unique?

I also just worked out the bitwise numbers for the 40 links… that’s some big numbers right there! :smile:

Ok - I’m jumping on the Friday update bandwagon :wink:

I decided to implement a view of the latest 18 created glyphs, which triggers when you download (sorry!).

It will only update other peoples glyphs (which are created whilst you’re on the site) after a page refresh.

yeah, may be you are right … but may be the colors (glyph and background) could add some more variety? ^^

How / where / when can guild names be reserved?

1 Like

It appears that the Pioneer rank on the website ($250) and up can reserve a guild name.