Happy Memorial day 🇺🇸

Happy memorial day!

Grandpa and uncle and many friends were marines.

Grandpa was deployed and had been in active duty. It’s left scars but he has good memories of his comrades too.
(I don’t ask him about it for this reason, but listen when he brings it up)

Out of all the places around the world my family was stationed, they settled on ND. XD

It does matter. The national symbols. The use of the first-person plural pronoun to discuss a parochial national holiday as if it were some global cultural phenomenon. It’s a distasteful purveyance of cultural hegemony that has no place in a forum dedicated to a game that does not originate in the USA, is not limited to the USA, and does not depict events of situations unique or local to the USA.

I don’t want to offer any disrespect for anyone’s feelings, or for their out-of-game cultural attitudes. It’s just they have nothing to do with Boundless, its gameplay, or the emergent related culture of its player base. It’s simply off topic, and it belongs in the Off Topic category.

1 Like

We are all people and every nation is shaken by wars! I’m from Russia and we lost 27 million died in World War II. May 9 we celebrate victory day. I have no words to describe everything I think, just let’s have respect for such things. If we lack understanding, let us be silent with others. Please, no politics, no words about our president. This is a great grief for us. Today is memorial day in America and I think it’s beyond our understanding, let’s respect that, rest in peace, brothers and sisters, thank you for everything. :heart:

4 Likes

@HABABAS we may have had our differences in the past, but today you have truly earned my respect.

On Memorial Day, I honor those who died fighting for what they believed in, and also those who made it back home safely… no matter where they are from.
I thank you all.

I’d also like to thank everyone else for respecting the importance of such a holiday — regardless of your country of origin. :us:

3 Likes

I have to write that there are no differences between us and there never was! Please, let’s forget about it at least here!!!) I’m happy to write this!) Let’s live in peace, let’s be friends and live in peace!
I know what ordinary people in my country think and war and race is not what we need) We need love and understanding like any human being):heart:
Let this celebration be another reason to write to each other about how we need love!!

3 Likes

It’s been pretty good day so far. Despite being extremely hung over. Continue to live the best life you can and honor the sacrifice of our brothers and sisters

3 Likes

Differences was a poor choice of words! I apologize. I respect everyone; I just really appreciate what you have said today in honor of all our loved ones.

1 Like

Please forgive me! I use a translator to understand everything that is written! I believe that all of it is empty. And again - eternal memory to the heroes, rest in peace, my heart with you brothers and sisters :fist:

2 Likes