Happy Memorial day 🇺🇸

Happy Memorial day!!!

9 Likes

Memorial day is for all those who have fallen and who will never be forgotten.

7 Likes

You’re thinking of Veterans Day. Today we cherish the memories of those we’ve lost.

3 Likes

That is very true. Hence the difference between today and veterans day. But, around here we honor everyone as if it were second vets day. Nobody else does that? I’ll delete this post then.

1 Like

Do not delete, just pour one out for the brothers and sisters who can not play any longer.

3 Likes

It’s a more solemn day in our family and area. It’s hard to celebrate the loss of ones family. Instead, we pull out scrap books and drink and talk.

6 Likes

Excellent idea!

We have parades, tours & gatherings at veteran cemeteries, you’ll see US flags placed everywhere for respect and to remember each fallen soldier.

It’s also the unofficial end of school & the beginning of summer/break.

5 Likes

Honor and respect for all who have fallen and their families. :heart:

5 Likes

That’s almost exactly what we do here too. With the gun salutes at cemeterys. We start at one, then do the same ceremony at a bunch of other cemeteries throughout the area. People come to show their respect and set flags at their local one when the ceremony reaches their area.

Afterwards, since alot of us at these ceremonies are vets, we all get together at one of the bigger bars in the area and talk, some share their stories, and have a good time. That usually lasts till late at night, as people come and go.

Anyone else here wear their dress blues today?

2 Likes

My dad & brother (USAF) rarely wear their dress blues - they just wear civilian clothing on Memorial Day.

2 Likes

I’ll throw on my blues (USMC) for occasions like this, but not often. Still can’t stand the tight collar on them haha

But I don’t keep them on after the ceremonies have ended. I’ll throw on my civvys before going out for the afternoon.

3 Likes

Thank you for your service :us:

I hope you take it easy today & enjoy a few cold ones tonight :beers:

5 Likes

I appreciate your kind words.

A few cold mountain dews and maybe a red bull :wink: gave up drinking years ago.

4 Likes

Thank you to all those who have served in our US armed forces and most especially to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice!

I think alot of people today have forgotten that Freedom is not Free, or else many people today would be less willing to Give Away those Freedoms to the PC agendas.

God Bless the USA!

7 Likes

Happy Memorial Day.

4 Likes

I lost all my great-grandmothers and fathers in the World War II,only my great-grandfather survived, who was walking to the Berlin, who taught me to ride a motorcycle and horses. He cooked very tasty and liked to drink, I love him very much!) Eternal memory for our loved ones. :heart::fist:

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing. It is fascinating to hear history first hand like this.

1 Like

Not to belittle anyone’s feeling here, but I would think this discussion belongs in Off Topic.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter, it’s the global feelings that affect all.

2 Likes