Have an option to float by default in water (jump to dive)

I use a Scuf Impact controller which has 4 paddles underneath that you can program, one is X of course so I can keep swimming while looking around.

2 Likes

I want a scuf for oortmas

1 Like

I need a scuf now. I contort my hand bad swimming and grappling/shooting

2 Likes

Yeah swimming and grappling suuuuuuucks

2 Likes

Meh, I donā€™t need oneā€¦

1 Like

Donā€™t like the shape of those lol. Looks more like a Xbox controller :innocent:

1 Like

Why do you have 3??? lol

1 Like

LOL, yeah, they actually made a mold of an Xbox controller and make these shells themselves. It allows them to have more room and therefor these have 4 paddles on the underside.

They have another model too which re-uses the DS4 shell but those only have 2 paddles on the undersideā€¦

And the biggest no-no of an Xbox controller is the stick placement, yuck, I like my symmetry, thanks! :smiley:

My controllers not including the standard ds4 controller

Tho my cinch controller has 4 buttons underneath two on each side.

1 Like

Easy! One PS4, one PC and a spare for when one of the others is empty, hahaha!

Honestly, 2 would have been enough, but that red one has a nasty little stick drift. When Iā€™m standing still my character slowly backs away. Kinda funny I suppose when Iā€™m afk, someone runs up to me and they see me slowly back away from them :rofl:

Anyway, I can send it back they said, but currently I am unable to go to the post office so it will have to wait.

Fun fact tho: Steam allows you to calibrate your controllers and when I did that with the red one the issue is completely gone on PC! So I use it exclusively on PC now. Iā€™m still wondering why on earth Sony does not have a similar feature in their OS since all DS4ā€™s can get stick driftā€¦

I still want to get it replaced tho, I will, in a few months, they know about it already anyway.

The one on the right side is the oldest and started to show some wear, used it daily for almost 3 years so was not really surprised, haha, but then I could solve it when I received the red one and had some spare parts (you can easily replace each individual stick with domed or concave ones, different heights, etc.) and another stick plus ring to keep it snuck solved my issue. Still it feels less nice than the newer two.

Then when the red one started to show the stick drift after only 3 months of use and since I found it annoying I ehh, simply got myself a new one, hehehe.

Also, the blue one has digital R1/L1 buttons, you hear a nice digital click, I can switch tools faster! :smiley:

1 Like

Can you not use the scuf vantage program to change the dead zones on your stick?

Nope, itā€™s an Impact, not a Vantage so that doesnā€™t work.

The Vantage basically is their own controller, all original parts. The Impact uses the insides of a regular DS4 stuffed into an Xbox looking shell. The Infinity Pro is a DS4 controller modified re-using the original DS4 shell.

Gotcha. Thats kinda sucky

And now we have this soon too!

2 Likes

Nice! That will make life so much easier. :+1:

1 Like

Whoa!!!
I thought this was a fan made fake video at first I couldnā€™t believe it.

Solid music too in the commercial! Not bad trap music beats from a bunch of Japanese guys.

Speaking of synth music has anyone seen the NMS update?

1 Like

Donā€™t get me started on the NMS update. They need to fix the game instead of putting in gimics no one wants or asked for. Collision and rendering need serious work and they are releasing a music box, priorities are all wrong.

1 Like

It gives me hope for the DS5!

I mean if they come out with this themselves less than a year before the PS5 releases then they either should have something similar when the PS5 launches for the DS5 or better, they have it already included on the DS5!

The only pictures we saw look more like a DS4 without the lightbar which is, ehmm, odd to say the least since PS5 should be compatible with PSVR and that needs that lightbarā€¦

Or ya know, they release 2 lines of controllers, would be good too!

Floating in water by default = easier water elevators? :pray:

1 Like