Have thoughts on Beacons? Make sure you place some

If there is anyone who wants to contribute to the survey just PM me.

2 Likes

Placed my beacon and set all the 12 plotsā€¦ for me it is perfect the dimensions same as the way to do it very easy.

Suggestions

• Texture for the beacon
  • Add more than 12 plots.

Thanks for this update and new toolā€¦ house is safe!

2 Likes

Good survey, wonder what will be the result. I was missing kind of questions for guild or settlement beacons. So I putted my ideas into the commentsā€¦

@james: Any results or consequences yet ? Itā€™s been 13 days since the survey ā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve poked someoneā€¦ (the person whoā€™ll be posting the results - rather than just a random person.)

8 Likes

Hi guys,

Iā€™ve posted the results here: Beacons Survey Results

Ollie.

I like the idea of everyone having the same base level for beacons and then getting increased by player performance. I like the idea of upgrading beacons with a device or resource. My only concern there is the endgame/raid great problem of most MMOs. If the only way to get the items is not available to a casual player, it will drive away players. Obviously there are several steps in between there.

I was considering the idea of increasing the number of plots by achievements instead of by time played. This could be balanced by either a cumulative number of achievements of specific ones.

I saw someone mention the worry of inactive beacons littering the worlds. The idea of an upkeep cost does alleviate this. It could also be managed by a simple timer. If the owner has not entered their beacon for a set time is returned to their inventory.

Also, I wouldnā€™t mind adding my thoughts to the survey if the devs are still interested.