Have thoughts on Beacons? Make sure you place some

We’re going to be sending out a survey to players who have placed Beacons within the next week, so if you have thoughts or opinions on the current prototype please make sure you’ve played with them.

9 Likes

Wait you can actually send survey speceficaly to players who placed a beacon? Awesome.

every player has on every server a counter für the beacons (atm 12 plots) so it is not hard to find it out for the dev`s.

I’m sure everyone is going to complain about the amount of beacons and how much area they cover.

Other Than that:
Toggle showing the beacon tag
Add a texture/model
Allow beacon plotters to be used as long as they are within x plot ranges, so they don’t have to be connected
Make tiers of beacons which are harder to make but cover larger areas
Change beacon limit to be world/server specific
Beacons with users who haven’t logged on for over 1 year are able to be destroyed by other users, it doesn’t disappear so that if the owner returns before it is destroyed the timer is reset
Allow users and collaborators of a beacon to be able to teleport to them
Toggle the visibility of the beacon

1 Like

sure send them, I think beacons are great i have one in Hawig

do we get a free text field for our own opinion or do we only get prefabricated questions ? i’d like some free text fields … i’v lot of questions about beacons and their role in the game!

1 Like

So I need to place a beacon block in the next 7 days, then I just get the survey?

you have one beacon on Gortnen

so you do not need a new beacon block. you need simple 1

Sure? Read closely what he wrote

I would say that’s another case of: Put your ■■■■■■■ commas where they belong^^

So @ben did you mean:
“We’re going to be sending out a survey to players, who have placed Beacons, within the next week,”
or
“We’re going to be sending out a survey to players, who have placed Beacons within the next week,”

btw good catch smoothy^^

3 Likes

i think you need still a beacon, because i think they cant know from when the beacon is, they only can see that you have beuild a beacon.

I think at least

but easiest way @ben & @james
need we to build a beacon this week for the survey or must we have just simple 1 beacon.

1 Like

Yea that’s another good point. What if you have build a beacon which isn’t there anymore. Does that count too?

ok now i am sure that is must be option 1 you need simple 1 beacon, because beacon plots account bound you only have 12 beacon/plot for all server…

atm i have all 12 so I could build no more beacon and therefore do not take part in the survey

but i have a question to the beacons.
when it is inserted, it gets with higher ranks (adventurer, wayfarer, …) greater beacons ?

My guess would be that you probably just need to have an active beacon during the next 7 days so that when they do a data pull, they’ll get a list of all the people that have a beacon allocation count greater than 0.

But don’t quote me on that! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea most likely^^ But it’s still a (great^^) “Let’s eat grandpa.” situation^^

1 Like

The survey will be sent to anyone who has placed one of the new style beacons in the a world. Doesn’t need to be this coming week, rather anytime since the last release.

2 Likes

Just to be clear. If the beacon was placed and immediately removed then it still counts?

Not sure the exact query we’ll make on the game’s DB - safest to have a live beacon in the game.

1 Like

Yea thought so^^ Just wanted to be sure. Not that people come and say: “Hey, I had placed one once, why didn’t I get a survey?!?”

I wish there was 12 per player PER WORLD…not across all servers. It limits what you can do greatly. Also the beacon plotters are only what…8x8x8 blocks? VERY small! i cant even make a decent size house with that number. I love the idea of them, and how you can stack to make a bigger area, but still 12 is very limiting. Thanks for asking our input, Devs! Can’t wait to see he next update! (which is soon…right? :wink: )

2 Likes