Haven't had a new home world in awhile

be nice to get a new official world to play with.
sovereign worlds are fun but cant beat an official world. some fresh dirt to stand on and explore

@Tiggs @monty1

6 Likes

There are settings that trigger new Home worlds. The player volume at this time wouldn’t call for another Home world.

4 Likes

I think we have plenty of Home Worlds :wink:

4 Likes

Should Monumental be succesfull in resuscitating Boundless, new worlds (and not just home ones) will be aplenty. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Of course their is but monumental has deep pockets and could trigger one for us all to enjoy. :man_shrugging:

That is the hope after all but in the meantime :man_shrugging: 1 or two more in the sky would be nice. They can destroy Bitula if they need to clear up some space.

2 Likes

will be nice Also add new colors to that not on other homeworlds also gleam Or variety gleam rainbow with all colors Or a rainbow world with variety of all colors on everything :slight_smile:

1 Like

I say Spawn a Permanent Gleambow Meteor Planet (O.O)

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say no to that

How is that any way relevant? That’s a very entitled comment.

Maybe wait patiently. The transition alone is going to take several months (6-10). And then after that, decisions will need to be made about the price of the game, advertisements.
They have said that their first priority is to bring in more players. New content is dependent upon that. No new players, no new content.

6 Likes

When it goes Free to Play should have a few worlds spawning.

1 Like

Pretty sure money has everything to do with server cost and new worlds. 6-10 months seem really hopeful my guess is this time next year. Plus they said deep pockets I was just repeating them. :man_shrugging: Anyways doesn’t change my initial post would be nice to get some new worlds to play with.

I would almost prefer less worlds. Force people to interact more. Then if people want to be a hermit they actually have to go to an outer world.

1 Like

They can come live with me (O.O)

2 Likes

Beckon is only planet I wouldn’t miss if it went poof…

Well, as nice as it sounds, getting new permanent worlds doesn’t work like that. There are several factors in play.
Just to name a few:

1. Every individual world incurs additional cost for the game owners. Only a growing and sustainable player base opens possibilities for new worlds addition.
  2. Need to stress permanent side of worlds in the current system. Any public world added to the universe is considered permanent in line with promise of permanent continuous universe open for players to explore and populate.
  3. Removing any worlds is clearly not an option under the permanent universe rule. The same way a wipe is not an option. Although comparing to no-wipe policy, world removing would potentially be possible under certain circumstances.

Monumental will sure look into the current world generation system and look for ways to make it work both from a point of view of expanding (dealing with player base spikes) and cost management (in case of player base decreasing, creating a situation of universe being overpopulated with worlds).

Just as a reminder:

So, either manual or automated (or half-automated), the world generation system for universe expansion doesn’t serve our wishes, but instead caters to the size of player base.

Exo world system is the one that provides continuous influx of new worlds to explore, and is a great way of addressing the issue of universe becoming boring for seasoned players who managed to explore all planets. At the same time temporary nature of exo planets allows to keep server costs at the same level as the worlds come and go.

Of course, we all want Boundless to become a successful story and see the player base expand dramatically. Should that happen, the number of permanent public worlds can potentially become so big, that there will be no way in exploring and knowing them all fast enough to let boredom kick in.

PS. And there are sovereign worlds - in hundreds! Even now with limited player base. I sure love going around and exploring them. Some don’t stay there long, but there have been plenty that survived months and over a year.
Imagine how many sovs can potentially open the universe if the player base expands significantly.
It hurts my head to think about sovereigns to visit if they spawn in thousands. :sunglasses: :open_mouth: :face_with_head_bandage:

4 Likes