Healers need addressed before 1.0 please

I think that is actually best idea, outside of balancing the healer themselves. It would be however accepting how the skill sets are, like a bandaid.

I think some form of direct single-target healing would be awesome as well!

Iā€™m sure the devs have lots of thing to consider when thinking about adding something of that magnitude, but it would definitely be a fun mechanic in my mind. It seems as though a system like this would be much easier to reason about and manage in a hectic fight.

I havenā€™t tried healing with bombs yet, but I canā€™t imagine itā€™s easy to do. Maybe the ā€œchallengeā€ of healing with bombs is something that is viewed as a good thing (and Iā€™m not saying it should be taken out of the game), but I think a more direct single-target healing method would be a great addition and fill out the role of healer much more.

1 Like

A totem augment that allows for single healing seems like a good ideaā€¦ or healing slingbows? I like the healing totem augment better personally.

I agree, I think a totem augment seems more natural (more like a wand-type weapon). Healing slingbows would work, but feels slightly more forced to me.

Regardless though, either one seems like it would be better than nothing.

Another idea for possibilities, perhaps the bomb could create a glowing healing sphere that stays awhile, and characters run to it to get healed.

3 Likes

Oooh, yeah, some kind of low-power but persistent AoE HoT from a bomb would be really cool.

If we had that then you could have

• stronger (but not over-powered) single person direct heal from the totem (or slingbow)
  • slightly-weaker but AoE instant heals from healing bombs
  • weak but AoE and HoT heals from augmented healing bombs

But again, trying to keep good perspective here: I feel like this is a gigantic change that the devs may or may not want to make. This may be taking us a bit too far in the direction of WoW (or similar) type of gameplay. I personally would love this type of thing, but I donā€™t know if this is the direction that the devs want to go.

I think a deployable turret would work better in this case. Imagine the possibilities. Like you throw or place a turret/totem pole/etc that emits a healing effect.

This plays more consistent with the use your terrain and building to your advantage

Ah yeah, didnā€™t think about that. Would be very neat to build a combat mechanic that way

This is why I post, to get awesome feedback and ideas like what you guys are posting.