Healing bombs not working in combat`? Bug?

So basically every time i tried to heal my friend when we were doing a meteor earlier hit him, healed him, and then like 1 or 2 second later he just lost the hp again.

Only time they seem to work is when both are standing still and not getting shot at or something…

So is this a bug or am i missing something? since we are both on a EU server, and we are both from EU, it should not be lag i don’t think…

Hi, have seen the same. would say it appears when you have been healing the same target a lot, there seem to be a “punishment” or block from that target getting any further healing for 1-2 minutes afterwards.
Been able to reproduce it a lot by having 2 accounts, just spam heal bomb the same target with their health being affected a bit with dmg, and suddenly you can be stuck at a max% of health, since any further healing on the target will reset the hp back to that %… not very funny when stuck at 21% and then running into an edge… oh death by edge… when meteor is done

well damn, guess rip the idea of being a healer in smaller groups. :stuck_out_tongue: thanks for the info tho^^

Well can always hear if that is intended or not :slight_smile: @james

We assume this happens because the client and server disagree about the position of the player. The client registers the hit, and then the server says “nope, didn’t happen!” It has always had this problem and it’s infuriating. Completely broken.

It also makes all the new venerable forged bombs useless. Healing is important enough that some people are willing to bomb people over and over and over and over again until it sticks. I doubt anyone goes to that effort for the venerable bombs.

It makes me suspect the developers don’t understand what a problem this is. Because why create these new venerable bombs when player-targeting bombs are so broken?

[sadness intensifies]

2 Likes

Chiming in with the rest, this is an ongoing issue with bombs/hit detection/latency, both with allies and against enemies. For the most part things have to be at rest to register the hit, which is frustrating given their durability (1/10 of a slingbow and no ability to craft durability on, which is frankly absurd).

If you need to heal yourself you can throw them at your feet and wait or walk up to a body and hit it with it. Similar for healing others, if someone isnt standing still try to huck it nearby them if another person/monster/corpse is nearby. It’s not perfect, but it’s more accurate than trying to hit a moving target. Works a bit better if you’re overhead too for whatever reason.

1 Like