Healing

Does anyone know what the easiest healing item is to produce since the update. Before it was just cooked starberries + cooked meat in the mixer. From what I can see you now have to make cups, oils, buckets plus a bunch of other ingredients just for a basic healing brew.

1 Like

keep yourself full and you’ll have natural health regen.

Full of what? … Elite spitters on Munteen usually knock a bit of health òff before I can kill them so I would just like to be able to top it up once in a while when I need to.

When we’ll fed, you gain a passive healing ability. You may consider copper bombs for light healing too- they require volatile blood, but you get 99+ uses from it.

1 Like

full as in not hungry - always with the health regen buff;

anyways - if you are looking for instant healing the healing brew is indeed the only thing there

1 Like

Thanks @Havok40k @boundmore so basically I just need to be constantly eating when engaging mobs or take the plunge and invest the time and what seems like a large amount of resources to craft healing bombs or brews … do the cups get used up when you drink one of the brews?

They do…

Seriously :flushed: …so we have to use metal or alloys to get healed! …seems a bit excessive

2 Likes

Cups are made of clay, not metal

also, you should invest in the healing ability, can go up to 100 health regen every 5 seconds with that

1 Like

Sorry I should of said Brew Container … Brew containers 1and 2 need Clay soil, Ancient vital essance and any Base metal … Brew Container 3 needs Clay soil, Ancient vital essance and any Base alloy then after that they need titanium alloy followed by any rough gem.

1 Like

Is that the Intelligence Bonus under the Attributes tab? It’s the only one I can see that says anything about increasing healing potency or do you mean Health regeneration under the Endurance tab in which case I already have that maxed.

Intelligence supports reviving system. Health regen skill is in endurance section together with energy regen. It gives you up to 100 regen per 5 sec meaning 1200 hp healing per minute.
Together with the buff you get when well fed it gives you 120 regen in 5 second cycles so you can have 1440 healing per minute.

I still think healing brews shouldn’t be so costly in terms of resources and labour …they’re generally a pretty staple item of any game of this nature and now they seem more of a luxury item that means you either just invest in the no penalty on death skill and just let yourself get killed more often or when your health gets low you have to run and hide for a few minutes until it eventually goes back up. Things can get pretty tedious very fast if it carries on in this vein.

1 Like

The rate of recovery could do with a bit of a boost, it does feel rather slow especially taking into account the amount of damage you can sustain in a very short while…

Not the passive rate from the skill, that should be running in the background in case you bump your head falling into a cave etc.

The well fed buff feels almost insignificant. I like and enjoy the stamina system don’t get me wrong, but if we are intended to use it, surely active intervention on your part (eating something, even if the add a new “hp focused” meal) should have a larger impact than the passive heal?

4 Likes

If there are no easily accessible healing foods or brews for new players then what happens to them when a Spitter comes along and starts taking pot shots. Even if they manage to escape before being killed their health is bound to of taken a battering. If they haven’t had the chance to invest what little skill points they’ve managed to get so far in health regeneration then their health isn’t going to improve is it?

3 Likes

Wouldn’t this be where the Well Fed buff comes into play? A new player having the basic 300 hp & 300 stam would be burning through that stam/hunger bar at a fair clip forcing them to eat regularly until they put points into stam. The 20 hp from the Well Fed buff seems balanced in line with the 300 max hp fresh start characters.

Granted this is just about passive recovery from running away but they would at least have a basic regen. I think most players will invest into health or stam around levels 8~15 at which point they should have a basic base setup and be at least capable of creating the very basic healing brew.

2 Likes

There’s actually a fair bit involved in creating even the basic healing brews, you’d need to have most of the machines and a furnace and a good mixture of ingredients as well as the right skills.

And necessary ingredients come from higher level worlds.

1 Like

I think one of the main problems with early game health regeneration is that you need basic cooking skills to even cook berries. Couple that with the message on most raw foods that they may cause sickness if eaten, and it leads players to believe they have to cook food to regain health/energy.

3 Likes