Help! Can't find my way back to my beacon

Hey there…it has been some time since I have visited “Oort/Boundless”…and now that I returned I found my character on Therka…and though it seems I must have placed my beacon somewhere I am waaaay off it. Can’t find my way back to it…and the compass doesnt even show the direction towards it. Any idea what to do? I would love to reset the whole game and start it anew…any way to do this? Since there is no char selection screen I cant even choose to create a new char and leave the stuck one where he stands…

Your home should appear as an orange house icon on the compass. I believe you need to open your inventory and go to the locations tab to confirm your beacon is infact on Therka. It may simply be a case of mistaken planets.

Thanks to another player who opened a warp portal to my “home position” I was able to get back to where my beacon was. It was “buried” underground, not even in a cave, no clue how it could possible even end up there. Got it back and will be starting anew.

Anyway…for the Devs: You should really imply some sort of emergency button for something like this. Without a beacon I am not able to craft another beacon…and this leaves you helpless running around.

They have a campfire system in place on the test world, I believe. A temporary beacon of sorts. I’ve not tested it myself, but I’m sure they’re fully aware of your concerns.

1 Like

Some kind of “Emergency return to beacon” or even “return beacon to inventory” would be sufficient…I would have gladly left everything I had built just to be able to play again. (And since it looks like the beacon has been “buried” during a worldwipe there wasn’t anything I built, so I wouldnt have lost anything)

If you ‘Return to Sanctum’, you can use the warp conduit on the right to warp wherever you like; including your beacon, for a small coin fee.

There are already workarounds in place, and the future tutorial system should hopefully make these choices more visible to newcomers.

4 Likes

As mentioned, there’s always a way to return home. As per the campfire. You can craft the beacon on a workbench, which can be placed inside a campfire. It requires, rocks, timber and leaves. So pretty easy to make.

1 Like

And you can also set a landmark using your locations. It’s helpful for not losing your compass among all the clutter

Well, as stated, I am a noobish returner to the game after a long hiatus. Return to sanctum doesnt work since I would open the portal to the place where I left (faaaar away from my beacon).
And crafting didn’t work either since my workbench won’t work outside the beacon (that is what the tooltip said when I tried to use it). Didn’t know about the campfire…since I didn’t craft one I was clueless.

I had the location for my beacon…but it was on the other side of the planet.

Maybe it is just a very rare instance…since I returned to the game the beacon could have been lost in the ground for some kind of reset. I hope it is not a common bug/problem since it would turn a lot a new players off.

Sorry I wasn’t more specific.

Campfire is being tested on the test world, no campfires in the live version.

You can return to sancturn, and then head to the unopened warp. not the one that’s opened. Interact with the unopened warp to return home.

2 Likes

Yeah the underground thing might be that you dug it out but never plotted it. So when the world did a regen, it covered your place

1 Like

I think your beacon buried underground, might be you digged out and placed the beacon inside. With the world regen kicking in. Anything outside it would have reverted back to it’s natural state. and thus leaving your beacon buried.

1 Like

Anyway, thanks a lot for your caring about a noobs starting problems. Hope to see a lot of you in the future ingame!

2 Likes

we like our new people here and we do our best. but it sounds like you’re more of a new veteran of this. played “back in the old days” and just coming back to all these new-fangled inventions

2 Likes

Yep. I backed the game when it entered the Steam shelves…it still was “Oort online” then…since then a lot of things have changed…and it is good to see that the game has been revived in the meantime. Still love the looks and the “boundlessness” of it…

1 Like

i mean i’ve got like 360 hours in it in less than 2 months so i hope i love it too

3 Likes