HELP! Give us your opinion on automatic protection zones around beacons?

i sell some machined iron in my shop for 7c … a 50 prestige block. Come get some if u like :smile:
the iron wall protects against prestige bombs

would sell some machined gold /silver, too, on demand

1 Like

pretty cool
i def need that
but they need to make it look like that 3map software in jurassic park :smile:

Its definitely yes and ive been visiting playercitys these days and it be better soon than late

ive seen walls
plots going around people
plotwalls

alot its pretty obvious some people need that zone to seperate them from those they dont get along with

all i hear in these place is this quit this quit cuase off dumbstuff
like a village name and mayor

just let people have citys separate that touch eachother

these kind off wars are ruin game for people on alot off places

think alot off the stories are better understood ingame by hearing the people involved
ALWAYS LISTEN TO BOTH SIDES BEFORE MAKING ASSUMPTIONS
i probably am guilty off trong assumptions in this forum been here a while lol

people saying to move out off eachother way are wrong to cuase sometimes these people build stuff they proud off would you tear it down?

any newz on this dev’s?
our will it be coming with guilds?

just saw this my bad :slight_smile:

quote off james
This system doesn’t attempt to deal with forced Settlement merging. Retaining a Settlement’s identity will be resolved by features coming in the Guild system.
[/quote]

me so sorry me dump dutch speeking person you so perfect american speaking person :joy:
PS(wanted to quote james his comment i saw in your post lol)
so you dont like people with bad english what else do you dont like?
def not flagging this to funny lol

1 Like

never told u about my preference of people.
when u quote u should make sure that u quote right.

what wrong with you just say i think you made mistake and i change it i took it the wrong way my bad :smile:
EDIT:fixed it moving on

whats wrong with u, constantly misrepresenting people (or me particularly?)
first u attribute another quote to me, then saying that im american and hate on non-english speaker (dude part of ur sentences just doesnt make sense, dont be tense when someone comment on that, and by the way: english is not my first language, too)

sorry if i did that honestly dont even know who you are

yeah maybe little to much lol

im trying to learn dutch lol… this language is really ridiculous… like a mix from english and german with a heavy french accent >.< i can only guess ur problems learning english cause its so close to ur first language

doesnt translate well to any language :smile: but i do my best

This would be a great feature.
You have my +1 vote!

I had to vote no although itd a great idea and atm I cant make any suggestions I feel this adds a bit to much of a complexity and could see large prestige bomb structures hinder the plot growth of others either intentional or unintentional. It would only temp solve problems then layers others would arise.

1 Like

80% yes votes :thinking:

A suggestion I have in addition to all that is already outlined here (which I love) is being able to give friends permission to plot in your reserved plots as well, or even being able to plot within your own reserved plots. I build predominantly both in a canyon and in the air, and the reserved plots really put a limit on how my friends and I are able to manage the build. If my character who owns the beacon, my additional characters, and my friends’ characters were able to be given a permission to plot in that space, it would make these types of builds a lot smoother.

1 Like

I feel in the long run and idea like this would be beneficial and with tuning could be a great fix for many issues people face with possible Griefing. I made a post recently in line to this and here is my suggestion so that its here as well.

Maybe You put a reserve space for plots. example: if i have a 40x40 settlement and someone tries to put a plot connecting to mine I have an Option to approve or deny Like the Guild Book, But instead make it a community book. If someone tries to lay a plot on my community it gives them a popup to request placement of joining my community. I then have the option to confirm or deny that placement. I don’t see a need for a growing Safe area. But maybe a 1-2 Block perimeter. This would allow for settlements to be able to filter who is allowed to place but also give a good option for solo players as they couldn’t be overthrown by a huge settlement building closer and closer to them. Sure these ideas may not be ideal or perfect for everyone but i feel its a step in the right direction.

This would also be a fantastic option for mall owners. IE I leave 20 Empty plots in a town, With a sign in them that says claim for approval of shop. Then say they decide to move out, i wouldn’t lose that plot it would just go back to being an open claim(For approval) that i have left for another shop owner.

It strikes me only now that I mind the buffer zones less when they face inward as opposed to outward. So when a city builds roads they are creating plot buffers where the city blocks will go but not along the entire edge of the city.

Edit: In the long run making buffers face inward only will incentivize city ownership to become homogeneous. Maybe desireable actually.

Great, so you want to punish the solo players.

If we don’t have a huge settlement with tons if prestige, we’re not entitled to protection?

Your bias against solo players is very apparent and disgusting.

Unbelievable

Where are you getting that they want to punish solo players?

This thread is old.

1 Like

It is super old, though given that a lot of the topics on the forums these days are about perceived griefing, I wonder if there might be more to discuss or work on here.