HELP! Give us your opinion on the balance of beacon compactness?

There’s no Aussie t4? That seems unfair.

The way I see it, Star Nation is a dead, better to just move. If we move stuff around there the possibility that it’s will still cause companess, our reservation ratio to the plots it’s to high, also I was looking at the phem map and I noticed that most of the beacons that could be. Affected have some sort of large.

I would hope that only one of the red areas is the real problem.

Hopefully if you can address those areas it will work out. We do need to understand how adjoining beacons belonging to someone else affects compactness.

compactness is measuring “space around your beacon” compared against “space inside your beacon” (top-down/2d only). beacons next to you fill in the “space around your beacon” reducing it, and so compactness goes up.

if a “road” can be 16 long with no beacons next you, it could get to 32 long say [not tested] if one side is all filled in with neighbouring beacons or “infinitely long” if filled in on both sides (fully contained by neighbours).

5 Likes

Keep in mind there will be changes to the algorithm. I think most people agree roads like yours are “fair use” and I expect that they, along with other city road networks, will be deemed ok in the end.

I don’t always like everything James does. But I mostly trust him.

I think that these maps show that a beacon splitting tool is necessary before compactness takes effect, if we are to have any hope of becoming compliant.

1 Like

I am not sure how beacon splitting will help

Since using multiple beacons is also an issue

1 Like

I feel this really needs to consider vertical beacon placement as well then, that with a lower general compact rating, perhaps around 0.15 seems to still allow some roads as long as they are not extream

Maybe we need more people to join and help fill in our community’s gaps. Lots of roads and nobody living on them.

6 Likes

It’s already stated that this is forbidden behavior.

1 Like

Option 4 is that you just dedicate a lot of unused plots to “preserving the landscape” around your roads and you don’t have to touch anything.

1 Like

Splitting would just generally help to remove some parts out at once.

Now manual unplotting could be just one reason why delay process. I would like to see beacon merge and split tools one day in game along side with transfer :slight_smile:

:thinking: This looks strange because as a community, we plotted together. It started off really small and the walkways grew as the community grew. A lot of the purple plots are in the same guild as the ones that are yellow/orange. We are “together”.

This system seems weighted more in favor of solo players or single beacon-owned builds. Perhaps there should be an overall beacon compactness score for settlements/towns/guilds.

6 Likes

I do think overusing roads when no one has built in an area, to claim a huge area is part of the things that this is trying to fix, and perhaps if people want to run a longer road then you will need to build “stops” along the way every so many plots away from each other to bulk up an area, which i think is fair as long as its not excessive, at .10 and 0.15, it seems to allow roads of reasonable length as well., but please introduce a vertical consideration.
With Vertical being considered, then we could still do our malls and roads if we really want, well still costing a decent amount of plots

2 Likes

There aren’t so many active players that people are really clambering for the areas that have taken advantage of plot reservations…

Can’t long roads automatically disable and forbid reservations alone? I think that would be fair because the nature of roads should be that others can plot along them. I have plot reservations off on all my beacons because I am fundamentally against the system. Sure I’d like to be able to expand my workshop more but the people next to me plotted it FIRST. That should be the end of the story. And they only seem to play maybe one day per month, I haven’t been able to run into them and tell them they might as well claim the empty plots between us so it looks like I’ll have mobs spawning in my build until they stop playing the game. Will it take dozens of posts about people being tired of wild stocks pushing them around in their own beacon for this issue to be addressed?

1 Like

I think this app is generating some unnecessary FUD by not actually applying the criteria that the devs say will be used in game.

So far all verbal indications are that builds like yours and aenea’s will be ‘just fine’.

Nova Golda:

Scary.

4 Likes

It doesn’t sound good if other players can lower other beacons to state that they couldn’t plot.
Are those all roads one beacon in that Gyosha map?

My Chateau Excelsior build is completely yellow, I’m lost .

1 Like

In a way wont this system function like that? since going over the limit will just force your build to go to 0 prestige, which removes the ability for it to reserve around it, that and no footfall which I guess is the big issue?
I thought james said this wouldnt prevent you from continuing to plot on live, it would just effect your prestige on the plot.

i fixed mine all good

3 Likes

No I think if you reach a certain point you cannot plot anymore

1 Like