HELP! Give us your opinion on the balance of beacon compactness?

Nice maps, could it be possible to show one of pheminorum, I live in a city there and I am kinda worried on how this compactness will affect it.

2 Likes

Just added it :blush:

The system does not like my mall expansion plan.

I get why, but like all city owners posting so far, I think the game should recognize the difference between world roads and normal city expansion.

Perhaps it would be possible for the game to recognize city/mall grid roads as different from world roads.

People LIKE city roads. I think? So far I have had nothing but positive feedback on having roads in DKMall.

3 Likes

I see no reason why this is affecting so much of Lacuna, this is essentially saying that our well established main streets are not ok. This new idea would appear to have a pretty negative impact on the Storis 2 capital, kinda insulting for a city that tries to help new players whenever possible.

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty confident that in the end all the reasonable city road expansions will be ok.

2 Likes

Just want to reemphasize this for everyone. Glad to see this stated publicly by the devs.

A rough translation based on reading between the lines:
We recognize the system is not good to go yet. It will not be released in its current state. We will be further balancing the system before releasing anything (probably in multiple iterations).

Sorry for putting words in your mouth @james hehe

Since James posted about majority opinion this may be useful (not to slam the devs but just as a snapshot of the opinions currently, Iā€™ll close the poll in a few days):

• System is ready
  • Not ready. Needs rebalancing still
0 voters
3 Likes

.15 seems to be the fair way for most builds/worlds
but I ask again, wouldnā€™t it be better to disable the protection for that amount
if not to introduce at least several levels
under:
.25 protection off
.15 footfall off
.10 prestige off

5 Likes

Can someone post Arie please?

Hmm, well, my main beacon is orange, market and coin Converters are OKā€¦

I will need to plot a lot of the gaps tho it seems. No more building for me coming months since I need the plots to ensure its all blue

2 Likes

Just added

I would also like to think our devs are not doing this to try and punish city growth/Mall growth.

As James stated-- this is not to punish folks, this is to help prevent people from abusing the system.

People making city roads for people to build in/around should fill things out. But maybe a confirmation that this is indeed the case may help ease the tension on city owners/mall owners.

3 Likes

Im willing to remove my plots if I am reimbursed for the cost I paid to buy them. Otherwise if my plots get removed its breach of contract. Its legal its binding.

3 Likes

I dislike the whole idea of compactness. After playing around with a few maps such as storis, and most usw maps, and Till and a few others, ive come to the conclusion that anything over .00000 should not be prevented. I came up with acceptable scores on several planets after manipulating the ratio, and every one of them was different in order to include or exclude those I thought might be plotting unfairly or a road.
Storis II = .03
Seginaki = .25
another was at .08
Till = .01 ā€¦ and not even thatā€¦

I looked at Till, a Lava covered planet with many medium sized islands. I would think it natural to build a bridge from one shore to another or many others. Compactness would greatly restrict infrastructure where it could be of legitimate use.

Maybe if Compactness ratios could vary from planet to planetā€¦ or by type (lush, etc)

I could also accept it if exceeding a certain ratio of, say, .03, the dev team would recieve a notification for review of owners intent and determine if it lies within the COC

Possible non-lethal consequences = Prevent any more fuel from being added to current beacon. Thatā€™ll will give the owner time to earn plots and finish their plotting back into a compact beacon.

Non-compact beacons are allowed, but maybe they do not register prestige. This might prevent settlement trolling with roads while allowing uses outside of greedy intentions.

Compactness almost NEEDS to include the neighboring beacons for a score.

EDIT: many of these have changed now.

8 Likes

Donā€™t do this please haha. Thatā€™s lethal!

5 Likes

Your rite, I was spit-ballin, and internally kinda assumed dev review would take place and allow things like inner settlement infrastructure. <-- Thatā€™s LITERALLY what brings people together and this is an MMO.

2 Likes

I see where you are coming from. However you didnā€™t buy a land deed to a surveyed location. You bought cubits and plots with cubits; if you had to remove plots in the hypothetical situation you describe, you would get those cubits back.

It would suck, to be sure. And I readily admit I am not familiar with the laws in the UK/EU. But I wouldnā€™t hold my breath about winning this case in court.

7 Likes

If any beacon that is found in violation of TOS by the devs in any instance would just be unplotted from the world. You would still have the same number of plots that you have bought with your cubits. They would not remove the total number of plots that you own. I think you are confused on how they remove beacons from the world.

4 Likes

It seems the live universe suggests that some iteration could be useful. Are we certain that neighboring plots with high compactness are accurately reflecting to less compact ones? the gyosha mall layout for instance feels like it is rated more poorly than I would expect.

I really like the map tool! if it were possible to get it to auto update every couple of weeks/once a month that would be awesome. I like being able to scroll around the planets, which the only other site that has them listed is not quite as user friendly as the one @james has put up. I realize this was for transparency of the new system and solicitation of feedback, but I really like this tool of checking up on the area around where I have builds. :smiley:

3 Likes

not saying anymore it would be detrimental

Yeah I had this idea too, supposedly James will fly out of the sky and delete them if we do this

1 Like