Here’s a request in behalf of all that is boundless

I would love to see somebody create a video showing exactly how long it would/could/should take the average player to hunt down exactly enough items needed to make each advanced tool, weapon, or item. I feel there are many items that require too many materials and yet don’t give a good enough reward for their completion. I’m not referring to Gem tools or weapons because obviously those are endgame items, but at the moment it seems like there are many endGame items apart from those. Just a thought. I think a nice gathering/hunting comparison video would really put things into perspective. :grin:

9 Likes

Funny you should mention that - Today I’ve been adding that very feature to Boundless Crafting! It’ll display a breakdown of all materials needed to make an item… that includes all materials needed to make every item needed to make the end item.

It obviously isn’t the same as a video showing how long something would take, but at least you’d know the full material requirements (plus any skills needed to be able to achieve it)! I won’t go as far as including any machines required to make a material though :wink:

I was hoping to have it finished already, but life got in the way! It should hopefully be up on the site in the next 24 hours though.

Edit: poorly child took precedence, so this may be up later in the week now.

17 Likes

This will be really useful, thanks!

2 Likes

I think it would be a long video.

It would be nice to see. Things seem pretty easy if you have a lot already in storage.

Piggybacking off of the “average per hour” times. I have asked a couple of our shop’s harvesters to collect some data over time which I have consolidated on an internal spreadsheet separate from the public spreadsheet. I have changed many of the values on the public spreadsheet to reflect fair amounts so that all types of jobs are viable. Since things are constantly changing I am not planning on releasing this data soon. There is also some controversy to this because some players believe that these discrepancies make the game more fun, because they serve as one of the few competitive advantages that the game offers.

6 Likes

I’ve made a little experiment yesterday to measure the time it takes to get everything that is necessary to make a mass craft of iron hammers. Also, I tryed to do it all simulating a new player as much as it was possible.
I know it doesn’t make a lot of sense to make a experiment of a new player making a mass craft :sweat_smile:, but here it is anyway:

So, for the experiment, I haven’t used the Atlas at all and did all the gathering process in the planet Solum, on a desert area. Unfortunately, the character I’ve used is actually in the level 22.

It has maximum power, almost maximum dexterity and Luck IV. So that probably helps a lot and shortens the time you take to make the iron hammers.

I chronometed the time it took me to get each one of the required ingredients:

• 16 Sap: 8 minutes aproximately ( using the Totem as tool).
  • 16 Bones: 2:33 minutes aproximately ( using an Iron slingbon as tool).
  • 50 Coal and 28 Iron ore: 6 minutes aproximately ( using an Iron hammer as tool).
  • 24 Fibrous Leaves: 31 minutes aproximately ( using the Totem as tool) - found in Yucca Plants only.
  • Time nedded to make the Sackcloth: 9 minutes.
  • Time nedded to make the glue: 2:20 minutes.
  • Time nedded to smelt the Iron Ores: 7 minutes.
  • Time nedded to make the mass craft! :smiley:: 20 minutes.

So, total time, considering that I have max Power, almost max Dexterity, Luck IV and used Iron tools for some parts of the gathering process: 1 hour and 24 minutes.

4 Likes

That’s perfect!!! Thanks for documenting that. In my opinion that seems reasonable.

1 Like

What tier of material are you considering advanced? Is this starting at metal tools? I could look into this once I get a bit more info.

I have a free third character slot so this could start from a level 1 character.

1 Like

Mainly beginner everything including brews and food.

So, copper tools/weapons and first tier of brews/food recipes? I’ll assume this would exclude anything requiring spark or power.

1 Like

I’m curious on gold, silver, and titanium weapons and tools as well. I don’t consider those to be advanced because they don’t give a large enough benefit to use compared to most gem items.

To give some perspective I’m around a hundred hours in to a character and yet to make a tool beyond iron.

Here is the way I see you describing the tiers
Starter = wood
Basic = stone
Intermediate = copper/iron
Advanced = silver/gold/titanium
Then “end game” = gems

Is that correct?

4 Likes

Just had a look at the skills section and I understand more the advanced part. So, anything that is under the advanced skills minus gem items. That’ll take an extremely long time, lol.

I’ll probably focus more on getting to items below titanium. I think even getting one each of iron items will be a significant time investment with the recent changes.

1 Like