Heritage list on beacon

this would be a list off 5(UPDATE as much as ya like) ingame friends that get notifyd when ya beacon is dying without having them to be on ya beacon
the week after a beacon runs out off fuel all people on heritage list can come claim the beacon if they dont claim it in that week it goes wild for everybody to claim

• heritage list should allow specialrights in the week after end off beacon to fuel the original owners plots
  • heritage list allows only to claim the beacon with your own plots

0 voters

extra:
this could avoid alot off issue for people that cant play when RL gets in the way our did not pay atention also the new fuel system means that if ya dont play regulary ya need to waste fuel to keep topping it off every chance ya got to log in i have seen lots off newplayerz and oldplayerz being obstructed for two weeks losing it all and have to redo it
in my opinion this systems is def not good

one off my issue was i had lend items to a factoryproject for public use
by obstruction and me not paying atention (got lot to check :wink: )
now they tookover it and i got no claim on my stuff that was used there

another example my friend i met ingame goes now on offshore militairy job
for 3months so he asked me to look for his beacons this is all fine by me
but the devs should also give us ways to make these things easyer to manage

3 Likes

I don’t think that it should be limited to 5 people. I really hate any idea that is first originally meant to limit you in some kind of capacity. Whether that be this idea, friends list limit, saved location limit, character limit per account, etc.

Unless it’s a technology limitation behind the game (tinted glass) then there shouldn’t really be any reason why we don’t have as many options as possible. That goes for this idea of yours as well. It shouldn’t have a limit to how many people you pick for the notification list.

3 Likes

you wright fixed it
:smile:
please know that had a tiny involvement in making the friendlist bigger twice :wink:

I couldn’t participate in the survey because I didn’t agree with locking down a beacon after expiration to a select group of friends. I think that goes against the original design we had on how beacons should be managed after expiration.

Currently all friends with permissions on that beacon can add it to their list of beacons for notification when it is nearing expiration. I think that is more than enough warning with the notifications we have.

If people cannot manage their beacons they need to take responsibility and cut back on the number of beacons they have. Or find a better group of friends to keep the beacons active.

If people are having issues with their friends not sticking to commitments then get better friends. This is a problem that has been brought up on why Boundless should NOT be a social only game. People cannot always be counted on… at least some people.

1 Like

ok next time i work together with people ill ask if the plan on having a baby getting sick our get send out on military job our have a change to get covered in work then ill make a beacon list off everybody i talk to and that has joined aquatopia also erasing any change on footfall to sponsor the city and its portal links also i will tell people that have low beaconfuel that they need to go find better friends cuase im not permanently in the game to help them and by so not a good friend then i erase my roads on therkamarket and some in aqua that i cant annex together so i just have to fuel one our two beacons etc etc im happy the game works good for you
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I like the thought but does someone how doesn’t care to set worker permissions (which allow you to fuel a beacon) takes the time to set up a heritage list.

Edit:
In my opinion you should be able to fuel friends beacons right away, no permission required, being friends should be enough.

3 Likes

no they wont but i will and many others if they had the change in my opinion

I completely get how frustrating it can be to lose a beacon especially when others said they would manage it or whatever the specific agreement was around this. It sucks that it happened. I am not trying to discount your experience or the issue that resulted from it.

I just don’t feel it is the right solution to add a “special” things to beacons where friends can only touch it once it has expired or that we should put more qualifications around expirations of beacons. We are already given a 7 day warning when beacons are expiring and friends can see that on their list. So I don’t feel more features on that area are needed.

Certain people here keep pushing MMO and in fact in various posts recently have said this is only a community based game. What we have seen here happens when you rely on community for certain things and do not have the correct management features available.

A guild feature might have solved this problem or some other design, not a fix to the current beacon mechanics. Or some other suggestion on how to handle like a city management system or something.

I never said the game works good for me and I think many of my posts recently have shown how I am not happy with many systems like - footfall, P2W, player experience, etc. In this case if the community used that space so much then the community should come in and help rebuild it. There certainly is space in Aquatopia for that.

I don’t think you should be responsible to be the champion for everything in this game and have to try to do so much to keep 2 cities fully functional. Especially if its causing stress or giving you a bad game experience. Maybe it is time for some of the sprawl to go away if the management of it is too much with the current game mechanics.

All I meant by my post was that I didn’t feel the option was needed considering the larger dynamics and lack of functionality in the game to support what you are trying to do in the larger context of the game.

2 Likes

ah thx for this make sence yeah it got me worked up lol
its my boundless passion hahaha but its about time the devs take care of this there so many things that need to be run on discord and forum that should be done ingame im trying to get some options on beacons cuase there is no guild mecanic our nothing
beacons is all i know and have to work with to build and have fun making aquatopia
some dev opinion on this would do wonders but they rare :smile:
the game is working against me i feel in creating this city

also explain sprawl to go away if ya will havent a clue what it means lol

Sprawl means the areas that exist but are not used or part of the ghost towns.

Option #3

[x] When you need 5 people just to keep track of your beacons, you have too many beacons.

1 Like

nope i wonna be on peoples heritage list to help them i can manage my beacons just fine aqua has become quit big so this means lots off people i wonna help if needed and keep giving ababandonded stuff to next player that comes along so i should keep things small?

Was just being sarcastic, really. Since I don’t belong to a larger settlement and haven’t really thought about the problems it faces, I don’t feel like I should weigh in on this topic.

1 Like

Like declaring an area condemned and forcing regen on it before beacons are expired? Might need a voting mechanism that involves all affected beacon owners but that’s not necessarily impossible. I like it…