Hey devs awesome job on updates

True for 99% of what is posted on the forums

2 Likes

Psst I’ve been holding this card the whole time

2 Likes

Nope. Wipes will kill the game.

1 Like

Then do you have an alternative way to reduce costs or to increase player contributions to cover the cost of running the game? Or is the solution to just hope that they will continue to fund the running costs for a game that is loosing money?

1 Like

Yes.
Working on the game.
Make advedersing.
This will bring more player into the game.

A advedersing whit Show all the asome builds in the game will Increase the player.

Then a Update for exploring where you can find dungens.

Update whit more different animals.

More decorate stuff.

Etc

The devs must only log in into the game and thalk whitbthe player, we know what we need.

2 Likes

Square Enix has indicated they are not going to put more money into advertising so that is unlikely to happen any time soon. So advertising to get more players does not appear to be in the cards.

As the quote also states they as the game is not even covering the cost to run the servers, Square Enix is not providing any funding to develop new content. So unless whoever is left at Turbulenz after most of the developers went to Larian, have sufficient funding and/or time to develop the game that is not going to happen over the short term.

So if advertising is not in the budget and development has slowed down substantially, what are alternatives to finding ways to fund the cost to run the servers until such time as development of at least the next release can be completed?

4 Likes

Yea I’m normally a ray of sunshine when it comes down to these topics (low key still am) but given the information at hand, we should at least start thinking on what can be implemented to set this boat back on course.

I been feeling the desire to draw again in the last few days so I’d probably throw up my concept art post that I mentioned I’d eventually do. Maybe some of the talented 3D artist here can bring it to life

3 Likes

So much said in this topic.

Some of it surprising and sad.

So thoughts/speculation are there might be a reduction in the number of planets to get to a break even cost point?

Is that what that other topic, “which is the best planet”, is for? To pick which planets to keep?

1 Like

No, it’s all speculation & people trying to provide suggestions.

3 Likes

So where does the money from Sovereigns go? Even a Playstation player has to use the website, so I don’t see Sony getting a cut, but not sure about the SE vs Turbulenz :thinking:

Here is what was said about sovereign income

4 Likes

Yikes, that sad…

Right here you hit on the couple of things that I think help make many games really explode in popularity. The ability to host your own servers is definitely one, but moddability can pretty much make a game. The vast majority of my favorite games are either moddable single player games, or multiplayer games that allow for both, or games that somehow fall between the two (Stardew I’m looking at you).

Rimworld is good on its own, but modded it’s freakin’ sweet. ARK, Valheim, Starbound, Terraria, Stardew Valley - all pretty good on their own and ARK’s official servers are meh, but self hosted servers with mods make them amazing. I’m gonna throw Project Zomboid in here too even though it’s been stuck in perpetual (re)development (lol second time redoing graphics, but at the same time the new animation system is so amazing) and multiplayer is broken on the latest version, it’s still good on its own, and modded makes it so much better, and when they get MP working again a modded MP server is just :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Totally unrelated. Just for fun.

I have to agree with you, even if I wouldn’t get to use it. Console players may not directly benefit from mods, but can indirectly benefit. Farsight for meteors helps the overall hunt, making for a more fluid experience for all. More things like that would be fantastic! Like maybe a farsight for creature types, to aid in trophy/RR hunting?

1 Like

What is Farsight?

Is it a mod?
Are there mods for boundless?

Where do you get it? (Steam workshop would be good. I’ve used that with other games)

All these years and I don’t have any mods for Boundless.

1 Like

There are indeed mods, but I have no idea how to install them…hopefully somebody can share their wisdom!

I did find this mumbo jumbo :thinking:

meaning seeing meteors or type of creature from farther away then currently allowed

possibly mentioned as a possible mod should moding be fully supported and implemented in Boundless one day

I just wish they’d either resume development in earnest or pull the plug. This half-existence Boundless has is obviously just people buying the subscription making the game just enough money to throw a man-hour at the project every once and a while and to keep the servers paid up.

1 Like

@philelliott how you been long time no see :slight_smile:
any hidden square enix symbols we can look for :wink:
aquatopia has big town ready waiting for the masses lol
i agree with @Stretchious
let the players make the game and the dev’s make the tools to do it and we golden
dev’s should focus on gamemaker tools and we be busy for longtime and bring lots of friends

6 Likes