Is development on hiatus? Plus garden paws šŸ˜

I appreciate your efforts.

2 Likes

@Mitgard Also just to clarify this is not only in response to your issue but my own efforts to get any information I can.

2 Likes

I know, It kind of has to beā€¦ right?

If it isnā€™t, whatā€™s the alternative? That theyā€™re all just sitting round, clearly browsing the forums and watching as it descends ever further? It just makes so little sense that something else has to be behind the decision.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure if we started posting on the larian forums theyā€™d tell james to go make a statement about boundless just to make us go away. I donā€™t think we should do that though.

6 Likes

I have already posted on the Larian forums about Boundless with some minor success.

Edit: Since I have had zero response from the suggestion given to me on the Larian forums I will post another reply and see if I can get anything.

1 Like

Larian is not related to Boundless in any way. So please do not approach them about Boundless. They genuinely have zero information about the game.

There are some incomplete changes in the next update that need to be completed before it can be released. At the moment weā€™re struggling to make sufficient time to complete the work.

But we do continue to maintain the game and live servers. Fixing issues that appear where possible. Manage the service. Respond to queries and issues where possible about the current game.

70 Likes

7 Likes

Sadly its now officially said that the game is now just on life support.

5 Likes

@james Thank you for commenting and I apologize for approaching Larian on any part of Boundless. The community is simply looking for some clarity and I just care about the Boundless community so much that I want to see it succeed and thrive and I tend to go all-in when it comes to something I care about as much as I do this game and the community around it.

If there is anything I can do to help you in any form please reach outā€¦ I only want to see the exodus of players stop and if there is something I can do to help with that I would gladly assist.

9 Likes

The game is no different than it was before. You can access it, you can play it, and they are working on it. :woman_shrugging: They are also still paying for the servers, Exos, and this forum.

15 Likes

Good enough for me.

shrugs and sets ā€œdays since heard from devsā€ calendar back to zero

Thanks, James! Iā€™ll carry on playing, then.

21 Likes

Thank you for saying something.
Communication is always appreciated even when itā€™s not necessarily the news people were hoping for.

Also I just want to say that damn I wish the actual new content and changes brought by the next update werenā€™t stuck with the private universes update. Cause if they werenā€™t I imagine weā€™d already have that update live. Oh well

11 Likes

for those of us worrying about the plug being pulled any day now, no change and steady beeping is good news.

20 Likes

Thanks, @james. Pretty cut and dry, folks. The game is in maintenance mode for the foreseeable future. No update coming soon.

4 Likes

@Dhusk

It depends on your outlook and how you want to read what was said. Most of the naysayers will say what you said here about it being in maintenance mode and the others will view it as the update is being worked on.

Either way you view itā€¦ play the game if you like it or donā€™t thatā€™s more cut and dry.

6 Likes

He literally said the update is not being worked on and that they canā€™t make the time. Like, literally.

4 Likes

Means just have lots of Patience James-chan still :heart: us Take A Deep Breath the turn that Struggle into Success boop

:cookie:

6 Likes

Good to know. Your timely reply has put a lot of fears to rest. Those of us willing, will continue to patiently wait for the next update and the timely return of the Dev team, so that we can resume regular conversations.
Good luck on your work on BG3.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update, James. Iā€™m sure the past 18 months hasnā€™t been easy for you and your team. Iā€™m sure there will be no one more frustrated than you about the struggle to find the necessary time to push the next update out the door.

I hope everything goes to plan and you donā€™t burn yourselves out.

7 Likes

Holy smith!! an actual response. TBH its enough for me to log back in and play a bit but still wont be pulling out my wallet anytime soon. While its appreciated that something was finally said its pretty lame it only happened because he was afraid of looking bad in front of Larian.

5 Likes