Are there any plans for Boundless this year?

Baldur’s Gate 3 … Boundless… other contracts … blind… not blind…

It’s ■■■■ poor business to just keep your clients/community/backers/players and every other person involved in the dark.

8 Likes

I will always be here. Lurking. Waiting.

But man, I can’t describe how heartbreaking it is to me that the developers couldn’t just have… communicated with us. The bare minimum. Let us know that, hey, it’ll be a while, but we’d like to come back and continue working on this eventually.

They knew we were here. They knew how passionate this community is about this game. But they didn’t even care enough to say anything.

Just hurts my heart.

5 Likes

MEANWHILE

All other arguments aside, this thread has now been here for over 2 weeks without a single word from the devs in response to the forum leader that they themselves appointed.

How long do you let a fire keep burning before you decide to put it out?

1 Like

In my opinion, I feel like they have said plenty about their plans and status, though.

Summary:
There are no known plans to shut down the game. There are no known plans to stop trying to make time to finish the update. As of [a million years ago], they needed to finish the server GUI and see if they can come up with a solution to the “<4 CPU cores take waaay too long to generate worlds, and this could very reasonably cause refunds and bad reviews” problem. They are struggling to make time to complete the work [because they have full time jobs somewhere else].

I can’t think of much more detail I would want them to share. Maybe information on if they have a specific plan for how to get back to Boundless development? Is there anything more you would like to know, assuming that this information hasn’t changed?

7 Likes

Sure, I’ll bite.

When’s the next update scheduled? If I ALSO start reading posts from Nov 2020, I’m led to believe that Hunters are coming Soon™.

2 Likes

My interpretation: There is no schedule, at best they are working on this in their spare time and that means estimation isn’t practical.

They are definitely bad with “soon” and I have no idea how things went from “soon” to “why didn’t that come out 3 years ago” so often.

I’m not saying not to be angry that they aren’t communicating regularly, or that they have made the business and development decisions that they have, I’m just sharing my opinion on the communication that we do have.

2 Likes

Can you 2 just play the game and Carry on.
If other doesnt want To play thats ok… If other wants To play. Thats ok too.

But I do get ingvars point hes been here long before me even

3 Likes

Yea why in the hell ANY developer involved with THIS game who HAS been active on these forums CANNOT take 5 minutes to type a DAMN response to anything. This community deserves better.

@James was seen 4 days ago
@blake was seen 6 hours ago
@Leahlemoncakes was seen 17 hours ago
@vdragon was seen 8 hours ago

I have all the respect in the world for this game. I know @Leahlemoncakes was in a hunt I was in the GTG marathon hunt not too long ago …

This community deserves some form of communication and at this point I don’t care good or bad… I’m begging here.

3 Likes

I think they cannot just write something from top of their head. They gotta actually think what they write Or Else its even bigger mess.

2 Likes

Look, guys, I found more of that thing some of y’all love so much :

It’s always nice to dream. But you guys gotta wake up at some point, and accept reality.

1. Some of the devs you knew have left the ship to work elsewhere.
    Wonderstruck doesn’t exist anymore. It’s Larian Guildford.
    They’re done with Wonderstruck games. What sort of deal do you think Larian would’ve have done where they would essentially buy Wonderstruck and still let them work on their own small little niche game that only a few hundred players play on, at best? Instead of making them work on the big Larian games? What, you think once Baldur’s Gate 3 is out, they’ll be like “ok guys, free time, y’all can work on whatever you like for the foreseeable future, we’ll call you when we got work for you to do!”

2. After so many months without any sort of news, them obviously being fully aware how much this forum looks like the apocalyptic wasteland of Mad Max and James not answering Square Enix mails anymore, the reason why they’re being silent should be fairly obvious.
    They’re not speaking to us because they know if they were honest with us, they’d have no good news for us, no hope to give to those who wait for things to get better, so a lot more players would leave, and they’d make less money. Better to keep you guys waiting until the end. It’s that simple. Hey but keep sending them money, guys!
    Let’s be clear, I’m not pretending they’re happy with how the whole ‘Boundless’ situation turned out. I’m not pretending they looking at messages down here like “ha-ha, bunch of suckers!”. It’s just business.

4 Likes

Since you have no idea what’s actually going on at the studio, this is slightly less useful than just saying “I Don’t Know”. If quoting posts from a year ago was actually convincing to anyone but you, this thread wouldn’t even exist.

But ya know who could fix that?

YEP.

But they don’t.

I’ve seen this process happen with a couple of games now, and there’s actually one more phase before The Final Doom sets in…

Bots will start posting on these forums.

Then you’ll know it’s too too late.

1 Like

For that, the forum’s security features would have to stop being updated, and it’s not a proprietary Wonderstruck forum. Forgot the name, something like Disqus?
I’m guessing James will still keep doing that until SE pulls the plug, at least.

1 Like

I don’t really know how the process works - and so I can’t explain how it might stop working - but I’ve seen it happen with two other Early Access games I bought.

If you thought the quasi-religious optimism in here was bizarre, wait until you see a bunch of AI’s competing for ad space.

1 Like

Well, I’ve owned about a dozen forums in the past, and from what I understand, the bots would only post on a forum when they’d find a way to fool the registration system, which is when the forum devs would patch it up to prevent that from happening (and as a forum owner, I’d have to download the new update and install it on my server), so the bot-makers would get back to work on a better bot, and so on and so forth, until either the forum-devs or I would give up (which is less of a possibility if you’re paying for the forum, which I’m pretty sure they are still).

Man, I know, trust me, I’ve been a World of Warcraft player for 16 years. I’ve been a templar of the first order myself, defending Blizzard tooth and nail like a white-knight, and look where it got me. Look where they are now. They sunk so much that Microsoft had the opportunity to buy the whole lot of Activision-Blizzard (which in the long run might make things better, but we’re not there yet). And we are still learning some pretty sh!tty things like how the higher dev who was the cause of most of the sexual harassment allegations also started the worst plotline in WoW’s history with 0 game-plan as to how to finish it. So when he was kicked-out, he left the remaining devs to figure that sh!t out. Nice parting gift. Point is, when I think “ok, the drama is over, things should get better from n-” BLAM, new stuff appears.

I’m bottomed-out with online games, like WoW or Boundless. Haven’t played a single game since Christmas. Lost all desire to play games. And I fully blame the incompetence and/or lack of professionalism from game companies during the past year.

2 Likes

now that I understand what’s happening, I can view it from a neutral point of view. The best part about neutrality is being able to laugh at both sides.

5 Likes

Well I like your play style and your building design, so I’m officially a fan.
On a side note, have you ever play Star Wars: The Old Republic? They have a new expansion coming out on the 15th which will drastically change the game mechanics to make play style more fluid. Plus new content. I’ll be there when I’m not on Boundless and if you choose to give it a try, I’ll help all I can.

Nah, sorry, had my fill of onlines games for a while. I’ll just keep waiting for the few I’m looking forward, which incidentally are either solo games or with limited online interactions.

More Blizzard ranting

I wanna lmao so hard when I see Blizzard making the lamest game reveal ever, going “we don’t have a name yet, we can’t tell you about the story either yet (trust us, it’s awesome though WINK), but we can tell you it’s gonna be an early access, survival, open-world game with crafting!”. Yeah, sorry, been there, done that. #FourHorsemenOfTheApocalypse

3 Likes

I can tell you its a videogame.

Edit. Scratch that… It could be a cupholder too

4 Likes

Maybe now that they are owned it will be better… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like