James did indeed give us an answer

jamesWonderstruck

Aug '21

Larian is not related to Boundless in any way. So please do not approach them about Boundless. They genuinely have zero information about the game.

There are some incomplete changes in the next update that need to be completed before it can be released. At the moment we’re struggling to make sufficient time to complete the work.

But we do continue to maintain the game and live servers. Fixing issues that appear where possible. Manage the service. Respond to queries and issues where possible about the current game."

Yes this was in August of last year but James did give an answer to what we all wanted to know.

But everyone is worried that they left the game for good which is not true, they are busy helping out Larian with their game and also working on the update for boudless as well at the same time which is time-consuming for everyone on the team. And James has been helping with all the support issues of lately that I have seen. He was online an hour ago. So please calm down.

6 Likes

Correction they are not “helping out Larian”. They work for Larian Studios UK (including James who is a director for Larian UK).

LARIAN STUDIOS UK LTD people - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

2 Likes

This “answer” you mentioned was in direct response to my post on the Larian forums where I was looking for answers to the status of the game and trying to get some communication flowing.

This “answer” states that they “continue to maintain the game” which states the game has gone into maintenance mode. It gives little to no answer to the future of the game, the intentions of the devs, or why someone can’t take 5 mins to reassure its community.

If my car was in the shop and I had prepaid for services and I sat around for months with no answer about what was wrong with my car I would be pretty livid without at best a weekly update.

Most people are also very calm … most people know what James said in August … and most people know he is on here quite often. It’s this lack of communication that has caused a lot more problems on top of the more apparent ones. I am a very patient and calm person and I look at things from all sides, but there are some small things one can do to simply make a community not feel totally abandoned and not communicating is not it.

6 Likes

I see, thanks for letting me know. I didn’t know that part. All knew was that they were helping with the game “Baldur’s Gate 3.”

1 Like

That’s one way of reading it … I mean, they literally don’t say that the game is in maintenance mode in the quote, mind, but … you could read it that way if you chose to read it that way … so …

from a certain point of view

:weary:

As has been stated repeatedly regarding this very same post… The main problem is the distance between then and now, and also the time that elapsed between that reply and the activity before it.

Well, and the effort that was required to get James to even reply at all. :face_with_monocle:

Eveyone has a good point.
I am hopeful that boundless gets back on track even though we haven’t gotten anymore news other then what James as said so far.

So where in his answer does it give us a timeframe or estimated date of completion for the next patch? There is a history of unfinished projects here…