Returning. But to What?

Well said :heart:

3 Likes

Yes that s true @Redlotus

And their are so much Things Happening from all kind of guilds(Events) so there is Something for everyone , Just my opinion.

1 Like

When the game is left with no players:

The pragmatist - “the game is dead”

The dogmatic Boundless fan - “No it isn’t. The servers are literally still on”

:woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Abandoned, maybe. I don’t feel “dead” fully describes the situation here. Maybe it’s because I’ve been hearing how other mega popular titles like WoW are “Dead” for the last 15 years that I get annoyed when I hear such overly dramatic declarations. W̶e̶ ̶c̶e̶r̶t̶a̶i̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶u̶n̶i̶c̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶u̶p̶d̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶ and no official promotions besides the summer sale, but there is some credence to “yes, the servers are still on.”

Dying. Abandoned. Forgotten, maybe. But there is still a slow heartbeat and gasp for breath.

Edit: @majorvex has shown me where James has indeed commented regularly on the situation.

2 Likes

I do not disagree with anything you wrote.

Just amusing to watch people pretend they can not distinguish between literal and apocryphal speech or pretend they can not distinguish an opinion vs a statement of fact.

I see opinion posts on here all the time. If they are positive in nature then it is all good. If they are negative in nature they have to meet some imaginary fact-based threshold. It is an interesting observation in human nature.

4 Likes

Development has slowed down considerably and the concurrent player count has shrunk quite a bit. That’s the facts. You’ve got to decide for yourself it that means the game is dead to you or if it is still worth playing. There’s still a lot of fun to be had and what makes boundless great is, in my opinion, still all there.

6 Likes

What i have mentioned in the Last two weeks that there are a Lot of new Players around , i ll See them all on the hunts so there are people coming still to enjoy this Game i think from this Side and what guilds and people are doing inside this Game WE are far away from dead Game …

If WE Like the game and make the best Out of IT WE ll have our fun so even without more Updates…

Its all by your self and what you want from a Game so a Shooter keeps a Shooter and a building Game keeps an building Game the wheel won t be founded again…

4 Likes

False.

James has posted nearly every week: Profile - james - Boundless Community

5 Likes

As I stated before, stating the game is dead is a matter of opinion and perspective. Where one person may say the game is dead another person may feel completely the opposite. Those are really the only facts that matter.

If you are having fun playing the game enjoy it. If not no worries there are plenty of other games to play out there. I am having a blast and would love to see the community get larger but that isn’t a requirement in order for me to have fun it just makes things more enjoyable to be able to share something I did with the community be it a new hub, a new shop … or just exploring new builds.

I have a lot of projects I am working on but none of them have been nearly as satisfying as helping DK with the mall. It has it’s challenges and points of frustration, but seeing someone take over a dead plot and make a shop out of it brings me a feeling of enjoyment and you know I always try and be their first customer and I don’t even tell them … it’s just the sense of helping see something come to fruition and helping the community.

I can’t call a game dead when things like this keep happening. As I told a friend in a PM …

If you are surrounded by ■■■■ … be the shovel …

9 Likes

It is unimaginable that this needs to stated. But sadly it does.

3 Likes

Personally, as I’ve stopped playing, it doesn’t mean the game is dead to me. it just means it’s not at the forefront of my daily thoughts anymore, and that’s fine. Just because development has ground to a halt, it doesn’t mean the game itself is dead, as there is still a playable game there for players to enjoy… and people playing it.

Yes, it’s a sad shame that we have yet to see some the hype we all bought into come to fruition, but I still hold a small glimmer of hope that some of those things may still appear at some point. Maybe.

To those that are still playing and enjoy the game as it is, I salute you!

14 Likes

Thank you for the correction, I hadn’t noticed. I’ll ammend my comment.

This is what Ive been stressing a lot. I assume not at the forefront of your mind is because of boredom or lack of new things to do …

This. :slight_smile: I’ve said my peace on other stuff, in the end, this is a very fun and addictive game, and while the community is quite small, there are some of the most wonderful people out there in it.

It would be great if we could get some more folks in - after seeing James’ post, I think we have to accept that there won’t be an ad push anytime soon, they are in no position it looks like to handle much more here. But I think, on our own, through our own social media accounts and all, could maybe grow it to where it is a bit more sustainable on the economy side. And really, there are some advantages to a smaller community. This is more like a big family than any other gaming community I’ve been a part of. We can only make the best of what we have, while we have it - if you enjoy, play, if not, it is a game in the end. I think now, last few days, I’m in a better place here with accepting what we’ve got. My playtime is down as I’m jumping around on a lot of stuff, but that really can be the best thing to do to keep from burning out on anything.

4 Likes

I’d be lying if I said that was solely the case. In fact I’d be lying if that were even close to a quarter of the reason I stopped playing.

Change of job, change of lifestyle, exploding graphics card, depression, burnout, other games, other hobbies, other interests… all play contributing factors to varying degrees in the why.

1 Like

GAMES NOT DEAD
AND JAMES IS NOT DEAF
hes just making some money so he can work on his passion project in the future im a believer like @BabyCookie

@Ritorugema def worth it ou can always start new builds and communitys it happens all the time go for it

2 Likes

Dead means no one is on it or there is only maybe 1 person on it

Some of y’all need some ice cause at some point the thread sorta got side tracked. Yes there’s less players and BG3 development by our dev team. Drop the stick and leave the horse alone.

On topic: some of the big guilds are still around enjoying the game in its current state. Unless you wanted to go at it differently this go around.

3 Likes

Saying Boundless is dead I don’t think so. It just needs a good readjustment.
Having met several new players this question always comes up:
Titans?
All have said : Boundless has a huge potential for the genre.

This has been said several times in the forum but yes it is obvious that the description is dated, the trailer is out of date, lack of content, crafting too long, ingame mechanics.
As @James said the game is maintained and not in survival mode. Let’s not forget that the team is small and the pandemic certainly didn’t help.
Sovereign worlds didn’t help either.
Many of us have family lives, jobs, other occupations

I don’t post much in the forum not because I don’t want to but because of my limited English, I don’t judge anyone and everyone is free to post their opinion, I just put myself in the place of a new player who is looking for info on the game and visits the forum where in some topics makes you want to run away rather than enter the Boundless adventure.

For my part I continue to enjoy the game as it is with my little family in this abandoned planet that is Imoco :laughing: and will continue as best as I can to support newcomers and Boundless itself.

Love you all Have fun :heart:

15 Likes

why “maybe 1?” why not 2?

why not “dead means” the servers were turned off?

3 Likes