To those worried/Mad about the game

All I trully hope is that the devs are trying to get as much money from Larian as possible to kickstart a ‘second breath’ of sort for Boundless. Not sure why they completely avoid talking about their plans with us, though.

1 Like

Here’s the thing, the game is more fun with more players so if more people play the game is better.

I don’t really care at this point whether it’s better or worse for the Devs, because they’re busy working on something else and don’t play the game.

All sales are natural sales. If you don’t want to sell your product, remove it from market and close the servers.

I mean we’re talking about very small numbers in terms of reach. Even if every person that currently plays bought a copy of the game for a friend, it wouldn’t amount to such a surge in numbers that new planets would spawn, I reckon.

1 Like

Yeah but then you think to what Paka said… imagine if bringing more players actually increased the server costs for SE and actually pushed them closer to the idea of shutting the servers down… The best way for SE to make money is the cubit store, not the retail price of the game.

Again, you do you. I argue against it, but I won’t stop you. Couldn’t even if I wanted to.

You are right about the numbers, but I was pointing more to the fact that in 2018 some were already worried about the low population.
Yes steam shows statistics that may suggest that the game is almost dead I’m not saying otherwise and I thank you for clarifying that :+1: .

Let’s take into account the personal life of each of us, the time zone, the platforms where we play, the casual gamers, the people who take a break, those who are waiting for the next update, those who have bought and simply did’nt like the game.

Let’s look at the disastrous beginning of NMS, no sign of life from the devs for a long time, promises, lies, misleading description.
Many fans insulted the team, threats of all kinds, infamous critics, did the devs give up?

I agree with many of us , description and trailers on steam outdated this is for sure!

Don’t you think the devs have retreated to focus on more important things than the whining of disgruntled people?

You buy a house and show it to your friends who tell you it’s horrible, poorly designed. Would you have the same sympathy for them knowing what they think? Well you’ll tell them that’s all I could afford, but it still won’t change what they think right. Will this affect the rest of your life? I don’t think so, because this is your home, your choice, your life. Those of your friends who want to come with you will be welcome, those who don’t, will stay out.

My opinion? This is what they do and I understand perfectly , play it or leave.

1 Like

i dunno… I would leave all the Boundles saving initiative to the devs. they know things we do not, they got the charts and numbers, and they are aware of marketing and how games work. they received plenty of standard feedback, and didn’t ask us for suggestions. I’m going to assume they know what they are doing and that they know that we are here in case they need any community thing done. if devs say nothing, i will do nothing. I will continue to enjoy the game for as long as it makes sense to me.

I would appreciate more communication about the shutdown worries though.

6 Likes

Not sure if it’s accidental or not, but did you know that James apparently personally knows the lead dev of the NMS team?
This only gives more credence to what you said there.

I personally truly think that we should simply just stop making suggestions, tagging devs, talking about how we can “help” the devs, promote the game for them, and debate to figure out if the game is dead, alive (especially since it’s very much like Schrodinger’s cat at this point)… Let’s play the game, try to enjoy what is there, make a new Finata of whatever.

2 Likes

I really don’t think an extra couple of dozen sales, if even that, is going to be the straw that broke the camel’s back.

I’m sure if James or Square wanted us to stop supporting the game they would communicate it. However, can you think of any other business where they would continue to sell the product if they didn’t want anyone to buy it, because I sure as hell can’t?

I mean that is just plain nonsense.

2 Likes

That’s the thing. None of us know what the devs want. I personally would like to help them, but when we DM them “can we help?”, the devs straight-up ignore our questions.
THAT is nonsense to me.

The last time James actually replied to something other than a support ticket, it was because someone tried to contact Larian directly to force his hand.

This only makes me think “well, better not do anything then”.

2 Likes

What?

I understand what you are saying, however, its a stretch to blame the players and give the developers a pass.

I’ve seen it a million times on here, and I am not necessarily speaking about you @HOST, but there is a hardcore group that is eager to place more blame on complaining players than the developers.

The developers don’t update, don’t communicate like they should and players complain. And if the game shutdown tomorrow it would be the fault of the player’s who complained? Really? I don’t think so.

1 Like

:wave: I’m not blaming the players fully but we are just as part to blame as the devs
i did mention

since we got neglected.

the reason is since there’s zero communication towards us and the players joining we as a community should not turn boundless bad it is not the game’s fault the game itself is lovely!
with or without the updates
i do understand the concerns of others and i respect each individual feedback myself
just because one doesn’t like it doesn’t mean you should not and that’s also for if you like something it doesn’t mean you should like it too, everyone has a different point of view about the game but the main concerns are the lack of communication from the development team.
like I said before let us not blame the game and welcome all new players without the negative feedback and enjoy ourselves as long as it lasts.
giving negative feedback towards new players about boundless makes us just as bad

this is just how i think about it

overal i’m happy everyone just respects eachother and can communicate without making a warzone out of it and share their feedback and thoughts

3 Likes

This is the best game I have ever played. And I will play it until they close the servers. If it’s tomorrow or several years away.
I will stay to the end.
Stay awesome all you wonderful Boundless people!

10 Likes

Just here to say I love the quote above “is a bear dead when it hibernates”

Carry on

2 Likes

Assuming the game is ‘hibernating’ instead of ‘dying’ is the most positive outlook I can have about it. ^^

I’m spending so much energy trying to not think about it and stay positive while I build once again on Raxxa, hoping what I do will last until 2023 at least. Every hub I visit has most of its portals closed and an ambient air of ghost-town, and if I cross path with someone, it’s like “uh, what a surprise, there’s still life!”.

2 Likes

Ceph has been pretty active since we moved back there. A group of Brownies have pitched tent nearby and are actively building and hanging out. There’s at least seven of us building around. Yes, it’s sad about the dead portal hubs, but there’s some community making the most of what is left. Also gathered around 17 people for our hunts this weekend. There is a community.

5 Likes

Well, good part is, monumental took over and things get maintained. We had here and there little fixes. Events happen. And at some point they will be done with the taking over and building a team so we can await eventually updates and new content. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really ? Like what ?
As far as I know Monumental did not change a thing.

Server reboots were done to temporary fix the server weather issue.

But please inform me what Monumental fixed.

2 Likes

Heres some examples:

And as we know

So he’s kinda answering under monumental status.

2 Likes

I knew about these as I do read the forums as well.

But Monumental did not fix anything, there is not even a team assigned yet to make changes.

2 Likes

@May-L04 clearly stated they did little fixes and she gave proper examples of those.
She said the game is maintained and support is provided.
In both she was right.

Now we simply wait for the game being transfered and a dev team to be assembled.

Read her post once more maybe @SWProzee1 cause you missed the target with your moody answer.

Peace out.

2 Likes

This post has run it’s course.