Square Enix Collective no longer publishing Boundless

Why is that relevant to what I was saying. Stop trying to read into things and make this a “right or wrong” argument or “I know more than you”.

James already said they were trying to “find time to do the update” so clearly it is “during their free time” or at best time that they can charge to the old company. Additionally, he already shared that due to Covid he is having a hard time finding resources. So clearly he is trying to “hire someone” in a more permanent or project based fashion.

At the end of the day, James could be done with the game and just waiting for the Sony deal to end so he can shut everything down. I don’t care because I don’t need to be right about any of this. All I am focused on is playing the game with the last few people that try to find ENJOYMENT from what we have instead of just complaining all the time about the lack of communication and bad decisions by SE and Wonderstruck and Sony for that matter.

I’ve gotten over my disappointment that they decided to take the actions they have over this last year or two unlike many here that keep trying to ramp up the noise and blame someone we all know didn’t handle things like the community wanted.

1 Like

Heh … son of El … I’m guessing that symbol on your chest doesn’t stand for hope. :wink:

OK, so your responses to this seem to be determined to be negative … sorry … ‘strongly’ negative … so I’ll leave our interactions forever more with this:

1. I didn’t say that anyone is ‘working two jobs’ nor did I infer it. :+1:
  2. I’m not ‘trying’ to come to a conclusion. I made a statement of what many folks in the UK (particularly in IT) do.
    I’m literally stating that it’s a legal, and supremely easy, state of being to be in where you permanently do one thing and the other … exists.

Further more … on #2 … neither interact. It’s fabulous, tbh, because it means if/when I finish at the one permanent job, I can immediately take on contract work without having to faff with setting up a PLC.

Have a nice life, Kal. :+1:

no more square name behind game means less eyes on the game

Its relevant because you said

There is no resource to shift back if there is no one working for Wonderstruck. It means that unless people quit and somehow Wonderstruck has enough money to pay salaries and benefits and rent and other costs, development would have to be whenever those interested had time.

That has nothing to do with your ranting in your response to me about a lack of communication. I have said nothing about communication, but if you want me to I shall. Based on my communications with James (which was similar to yours). I would not be surprised at this point if we did not hear anything and not because of the way the forums have reacted to statements made in the past, but because that is just his style in my opinion.

EDIT:
And I can admit I was wrong because James did finally communicate.

I enjoy the game and enjoy it with the other people I play with or run into in the game.

I really don’t mean to complain constantly or make it look as though I personally am attacking anyone in regards to the lack of communication or the reasons chosen to not communicate.

It just poor business and if I didn’t care about this game or it’s community like the rest of those that are left that still play I would have walked away after James replied to my post on the Larian forums as I felt it was simply a response in defense and nothing about the game.

Anyways none of this is about right or wrong and in the end everyone will make their choices about playing the game or not, I was just hoping that a little communication could simply quell some fear and anxiety for the community.

1 Like

This statement is very clear:

It says, that they don’t have time right now. You don’t “need” anything else. People that don’t find it clear are ones that must know “why” or have some other investment or need in knowing more details. I am not saying it is “wrong” to “want more information.”

Taking things at face value helps a lot in situations where you cannot and will not get more details in that moment. It helps you to move on and focus on what you can control versus what you cannot. I believe this was the more prudent approach in this situation… I think many here did agree with that and they look past “not knowing” to what we do know - and just enjoy the game.

I agree that they should have said MORE by now (a year+ later) but I am willing to accept their decision to not say more. That is the difference with some in this forum - that can’t accept other people’s decisions. Since we don’t know “why James won’t say more” we cannot tell anything else. Obviously his decision has caused issues and people to leave. But some of us see past that decision and just focus on what we have - a working game right now that we enjoy.

2 Likes

You may find my posts to be negative, but I am trying to be realistic. If you find it all to be too negative them please feel free to mute me. Won’t hurt my feelings.

1 Like

It does seem to mee like time for an update from the dev team.

As it stands the radio silence was deafening but now it is shattering everything.

TBH some information or timeline would be great.
No information and the servers go down from one day to an other would be devastating. At the very least for me that would be.

4 Likes

I wasn’t trying to say you were doing the “right or wrong”… I don’t feel that at all. I was bringing in some other things I see posted each time we have a thread on topics related to this.

I hope each day we would get more comms… A year ago I think it was ok but after so long I think it has hurt more. Unfortunately, I still believe that if it started up it would just be a yucky mess of posts from all those jumping on the thread to yell at the developers. Plus even if they did say something, we wouldn’t get much because they aren’t going to get into the drama of all this. It will stay simple posts like “servers are up or servers are down, etc.” Everything else is useless because it won’t change the situation we all are in. I’m not trying to shut down the pain or disappointment… just a more clinical approach to the situation because I think that is how they will communicate it in the end.

1 Like

Yep, this is why after pouring it over in my head, it was the factor that had me siding with posting it, rather than just sitting back, holding my tongue (well, fingers), and letting someone else eventually come across it while trying to find any bit of info about the game… letting them post it instead.

Because plugs getting pulled suddenly has happened in games. I’m really trying to hold out the kind of hope in Vex’s post above, like I said :crossed_fingers:, but the possibility is out there, and for my own investment in this game and the love of you all, who are desperate for info as well, I put it out there and feel the nice thing to do at this point would be to give us either reassurance or at least some clarity if the news is bad. Not needed, I know we aren’t owed anything and totally their call to do whatever they want… but it would be the kind thing to do.

… And if the plug does suddenly get pulled, then I’m glad I put this out there in advance.

3 Likes

I didn’t think you directed the right or wrong at me more just commenting on it.

Devs could simply a post that can’t be commented on and leave it at that.

Sure people would comment on the forums about it, but they should comment about them kind of what the forums are for, communication.

1 Like

Negative, positive, upset, concerned, and content … what I see is a group of players that are very passionate about Boundless (or you wouldn’t be here). Whatever may or may not happen, :hugs: all of you. I think things will be fine.

:boundless:

13 Likes

Agreed!! :slight_smile: Love you all, can’t say that enough, this community has been such an incredible comfort and source of support for me! :hugs: And regardless of outcome, even if a sudden plug pull, I do say thank you again to the devs for providing us with what they did, and wish them all the best, truly.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for saying that! :boundless:

4 Likes

MV, are you trying to jinx us?

3 Likes

Steam page still shows SE as the publisher.

I mean … give them a second, yeah? :wink:

1 Like

I should add, I hope I don’t end up eating crow lol. Just looking at things cost-wise, it doesn’t seem like this change would negatively effect things. I have no idea what James thoughts are, moving forward though.

Edit to add: now we know Boundless now self published on Steam

4 Likes

When SEC collaboration was told it wasn’t good sign, because Grin story delivered bad image related to SE name :confused:

I waited 3 hours, couldn’t wait much longer :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes