Road Map?

Hello fellow friends. Has there been any word on updates to Boundless from the Developers? I would love to know so I can make a decision to keep my build or not. I constantly pay for gleam club hoping for that update. I’ve reduced almost all but Alder. I have definitely got my monies worth and think they came up with a game that brought so many of us together. Much love for these devs. :hugs:. I honestly just want more. More things to use to build. ( we have gone into detail about this before). I wish I understood what is going on besides (got busy working on other game). Did boundless put you (devs) into a financial corner? I’m aware a pandemic has taken place but this is the internet. Where information can be conveyed in less than a second. Please, please devs, may we get a clear, concise roadmap of Boundless Heck even a estimated guess of what you’re expecting to do. OR even the possibility of selling the game to another company if you are to abandon the servers. Thank you for your time everyone.

4 Likes

They’re gonzo. Busy working on Baldur’s gate 3 at least until launch, plus I assume they’ll be doing updates. So that’s years.

No word of selling the IP.

I’m happy for them, this is awesome for them, I just wish they’d write us a note.

7 Likes

Eh, if you enjoy building and helping and working together with others, this game is still exactly what you need. (there is no better building game I have ever played)

They have said very clearly that there will not be any updates any time soon, so if that’s what is keeping you here, I’m sorry to say it’s not coming any time soon.

I’m perfectly happy with exactly how the game is, and I will be the last one still playing if it all goes down.

5 Likes

No one said the game is bad.

@Savior pointed that he wants just… More.

I assume hes meaning more building blocks etc.

I couldnt agree more. I played the game about 1500hrs… Most of that In Early Access but anyways i think theres next to none person Who hasnt got their money worth.

2 Likes

Never said the game was bad either.
I’m at 4k hours now, and still having just as much fun as ever!

So many good times in voice chats, and hunting, and hanging out with friends! I could not imagine leaving this game, and finding anything remotely as satisfying as this game!

My only fear, at one point, was servers being shut down. But, after that rumor was shut down by the devs, I’m full force again!

5 Likes

7 Likes

Oh, has it been that long already? I didn’t realize we’d reached the point in the forum’s life cycle when all of the “What Tha Eff Is Going On?!” threads begin to respawn.

3 Likes

Right would love some information on what the plans are for the game. @james

2 Likes

I’m above 10,000 hours Mwahahahaha

3 Likes

Ah, yeah. That was my point in asking. Because I have not been here to see the what I was unaware of. The last announcement was almost a year ago? I play many other games on a few different platforms. I do love this game still. Just burned out. Across my accounts I have well over 6k (I think, it’s super high) hours played since pre launch. That speaks tremendously towards how much fun I’ve had with everyone here. I thought the game they we’re working on was complete months back, no? @DKPuncherello. I agree, just asking for skins, new ways to build etc… @majorvex, myself and others had made previous list of amazing changes that could be implemented into the game. If you’re content then my message isn’t really for you and that’s ok. Love you all the same.

3 Likes

Yeah I think I am around there as well. I just checked my other steam one and he had 3700 lol. It’s crazy how much time we all put in. A huge chunk of our life has been in this game.

2 Likes

I can’t say much I’ve clocked in 7100 hrs of my life to this wonderful game and counting regardless of any update in the past yr or so… :smiley: ZERO REGRETS!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Just in case it’s helpful, James’ latest ‘State of play’ type post is here:

There’s also some information from philelliot regarding Square Enix Collective’s funding of the servers (although be prepared for drama from all sides) scattered throughout this thread:

1 Like

Thanks Marrash! I appreciate it.

1 Like

4 Likes