Is this game still getting updates?

Hey All

Haven’t played for a longggggg time.

Just curious if anything new has came out since this time last year!

Hope everyone is doing great!

6 Likes

No changes in guidance on when the update will be released. Some assume something might change after BG3 is released while other think the game is steady state until servers are turned off once the SE/Boundless contract ends. ( think it was 7 years from release basically).

The last guidance was clear - they are having a very hard time finding time to finish update while working on BG3. The game is basically in a mode where they fix broken servers and nothing else really.

4 Likes

They still do mentaining as they state, that excludes customer service/support for most of the time, or you wait very long

1 Like

No, the game is in maintenance mode and the only thing the devs do is ensure the servers stay on and do occasional restarts. No updates have come out in the last year or so and none are planned.

1 Like

Last official statement:

3 Likes

I came back after two years and already don’t have anything to do in about 3-4 weeks.

3 Likes

You may be playing the wrong game then. I have put an insane amount of hours in and I still have more than my fill of things to do.

• I moved a concrete shop from a mall to my sovereign.
  • I have also been building a color storage/goo farm that has taken me almost 2 months for the first of two levels of it.
  • I also craft concrete religiously, I do a little forging (sadly mostly for personal use for now).
  • I have been on a few hunts and I plan to do a few more shops and builds.
  • I have bought another sovereign and changed the colors to not match any other sovereigns.
  • I mine and gather daily, mostly sapphire (3SS-4SS a day) and topaz (2SS-3SS a day) with some bitter beans (1SS-2SS a day).

There is plenty to do if you like the crafting/building aspects of games in the genre. Crazy though as I said the same thing about Minecraft after leaving it and going back to it… hundreds of times.

Boredom at times is self-induced. I have played, beaten, and grinded MANY games and at times they just become stale to you. I have seen a number of people come back to play lately many of which seem to still enjoy the game.

Sadly, no amount of content will prevent you from being bored though…

2 Likes

there’s always someone on the defense here about it, but this game does not have enough content period. The stuff is does have is so broken I don’t even want to mess with it, like the crappy farming or forge RNG. I like the game and I’ve got over a thousand hours from the last time and now but this time around there’s less people, less events, broken chat and yes you can build endlessly but why? Nobody visits, nobody shops.

1 Like

I am one of the more “on the fence” about the game than most. I understand the problems the game has and I understand both sides of it. I can’t say any of the games glaring issues are game breakers for me as much as the lack of my willingness to continue to support the devs, but I do it, even though it may not be the smartest choice. In the end though, I prefer to just have my fun while I can.

I am missing something somewhere and not sure where it is. The game has never had very many people ever… except maybe during the time the game was actually FREE for a week or weekend.

The game currently still has nearly the same amount of players it always had minus a few select months and that is just basing it on the Steam charts. I can count about 5-6 months where the player count is much higher and that was launch and a few months after it and the FREE weekend.

I only have 5000 hours much fewer than many others but enough to kind of know the game.

Chat has always been broken IIRC. Farming and forging are quite tedious.

I built endlessly in many games, many of them single player too and no one ever came to visit them in my single player worlds.

In Boundless, my concrete shop is quite busy or at least the coins and footffall seem to show it is.

If you have to ask why build endlessly you may have proven my point about playing the wrong game. I wish you the best and hope you do come back and play more as the community more than makes up for the few issues I run into.

4 Likes

I’ve been a VERY vocal opponent of these devs but not for lack of content in the game that I spent 2000 hours in. My gripe has been with their near complete lack of communication and now the fact the game is officially in maintenance mode and may (read: may) eventually get turned off. I was able to get over 2000 hours out of this game so if you’re lacking content it’s either:

1. You have a ton of hours as well and are truly out of content
  2. You don’t have a ton of hours in the game but this game just isn’t for you
4 Likes

Like I said you can build endlessly. If that’s all there is, then nope this game isn’t for me. And most people

1 Like

The amount of content added I highly doubt will bring you either of you back at least not for another 1000-2000 hours unless it’s equal to the amount of content already in the game. I won’t hold my breath for any new content much less a lot of it.

1 Like

That’s not all there is. Commerce plays a huge part in the game as does hunting.

3 Likes

If you’re not satisfied, then please move on. There are still people playing and having fun. No need to drag it down with needless negativity.
47339346_2104933366231575_5136648841541451776_n

4 Likes

I got just over 7k hours and I still enjoy the game for how it is and the amazing community… regardless what state the game is in I see myself and quite a few players playing until the final end. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

It’s not needless, it’s feedback for someone who left and is checking in. You’re the one being negative here. If he left then obviously he got bored and left. Telling him nothing changed is what needed to be said.

As you have been told, the game is in maintenance mode, so to speak, but the reality is that it is dying and with a not very good future. You can still play, have fun and do many things, the servers are still stable, but I don’t know if it’s really worth embarking on mega-builds or big projects in a game that can announce its closure at any time. Either way, if you’re thinking of going in, go ahead, you can still see pretty things.

3 Likes

The difference is…I was responding to you. Not to Jacey. You’re the one being a negative nancy. I’m just calling you out for it.
Is your reading comprehension that bad or are you just willfully ignorant?

1 Like

Yeah I was responding to Jacey, that’s my point. Clearly you’re lacking comprehension. I was never talking to you until you started harassing me. This thread is a question and I answered it. You want to see it as negative, that’s your issue. This game sucks, and people shouldn’t be coming back to it. It needed to be said.

My comment isn’t anymore negative than people saying the devs abandoned it and it may be shut down at any time. Nothing is going to make this game look good unless the devs do come back and do something about it. And they need to do a lot. That’s why nobody plays this game anymore except the handful that’s clinging on. An MMO with this few players is a dead one. People should steer clear.

2 Likes

Reminder to keep things civil.

Opinions are subjective, not facts. There are a few things that may not work like some of us want them to, but they aren’t broken.

The most recent update was automated events being added in, to my knowledge.

6 Likes