Hitchhiker's Guide To Warping (DJ Oort)

As promised, DJ Oort is back with more sounds.
This time it’s “music” based on sounds of portals (opening, working, idle) and actions connected with warping (placing portal blocks, using warping augment etc.).

17 Likes

Lit

If you ever want me to record some audio voice lines for you I have one of these I never use and would be happy to finally get some use out of it:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS670US670&hl=en-US&sxsrf=ACYBGNRC6wTXuX4MMWORDWmg6cS_HB6TaQ%3A1582172387465&ei=4whOXuTrG4HCsQXAwo2oAg&q=rode+ntg2+review&oq=shure+ntg2&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.1.0.0i71l5.0.0..6501...0.1..0.0.0…0.NZ3UanyQ22M

2 Likes

Love these mash ups, nice work! Pooped myself when “PORTAL LAG” :joy:

1 Like

noice!!

sure, next time I have voice to do I will ask you to do that and then rename you to DJPuncherello :grin:

2 Likes

3 Likes

I might think about it, although this song and video is on the adult side of things (and everyone could check the original song out of curiosity, including kids).

I like a good challenge though… so maybe my next off days I could take another look.

P.S. there is another “but” here - you might be overrating my skills and software I use :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

That…is amazing. Just saying. I may or may not have shed tears of laughter at the whole “rugged/temperate/etc” speak.

2 Likes

I made myself laugh multiple times over various parts - at least let some steam off and saw some frustrating parts of game from a more relaxed angle. :grin:
auto-therapy of sort :no_mouth:

2 Likes

What program do you use?

I used to use FruityLoops, it’s amazing.

2 Likes

First of all, I have never been playing around with any music-making programs, have no experience in the field. I am a complete amateur.

I had this pressing idea to make in-game sound based “music” (creative side of me wanting to get out). So I googled for free music-making apps. I picked one (LMMS) and then spent an hour to learn basics there. Then I put sounds from game in and played with them knowing only small part of what LMMS has to offer (as simple and basic as this program looks).

Then I mixed that work with my bigger (but still average at best) experience in making videos (using VideoPad) and here we are with me making “music”, haha.

2 Likes

This is mesmerising! Great job @boundmore :star_struck:

2 Likes

I really like the part with the shoes and pants. :grinning:

2 Likes