Hope you would consider PVP system

This is kind of a broken record by this time, asking for a pvp system to be implemented in Boundless.

5 Likes

A lot of reason people play this, is there IS no pvp. If a pvp system is implemented, it should only be on a secluded world meant only for combat on that planet only.

15 Likes

Or some sort of duel system. That may help creating new games and that way only those who want it can use it.

6 Likes

Ya I would vote against this unless it’s implemented in a very non invasive way. I play to create. PVP is a negative for me.

4 Likes

Duel system and a pvp planet sound good to me

8 Likes

Yes I know how therapeutic creating stuff here, but even Minecraft have some PVP option. PVP is different from PK I might add. I don’t want psychopaths indulging murdering other oortians. I am just proposing is a friendly competitive mode. Like I said, this is a broken topic in which I know PVP will never be a fruition.

1 Like

Minecraft overwatch anyone?

1 Like

I would rather there continue to be no pvp as it has been. I don’t want to deal with possibly getting new resources that can only be obtained through pvp that you need for building, etc…

6 Likes

It’s not my thing at all, but there should be PVP for those that want it. There’s a lot of possibilities that leave players who don’t want to participate to do their own thing:

• A global toggle that sets your character as PVP enabled, disabled by default.
  • Duelling (preferably with an option to auto-decline duel requests).
  • Specific Region/Planet PVP zones (although you’d want to be sure there’s no new colours or resources available from these areas so as not to limit non-PVP players).
  • PVP toggle on beacons

My only real concerns about bringing in PVP are that there’s a definite overlap between people who like PVP and trolls which might negatively impact the overall community, and that the current combat system just feels too clunky for it to be all that good.

3 Likes

Specific places/planets for PvP would be amazing for creative people to make fun mini-games :+1:

4 Likes

I think PvP should only be an option if it’s consensual, doesn’t offer rewards unavailable to non-pvp players, and is either a duel system, or on private/special world’s only.

2 Likes

I play because it is not PVP and would likely quit if PVP became a thing. Why? Because it would begin to change the game in time to be less enjoyable.
This is one of the reasons I play Boundless over minecraft any day.
PVP is also a bad idea because it would take the developers away from advancing other parts of the game as PVP players tend to be greedy and constantly want tweeks to the PVP system.
Just a bad idea all the way around.

2 Likes

Ps4 would be fine if it was in its own separate world, and Plotting wasn’t allowed on that world.

1 Like

I think we may start to see more pvp minigames if scripting is functional on the creative worlds.

2 Likes

Following your logic any new idea is bad if devs don’t produce what you want.

1 Like

Edit: to add Don’t get me wrong if enough people want something and it doesn’t interfere too much with the spirit of the game then I’m for it. Me personally just expressing doubt there is enough interest at all. If there is then they should do it.

I don’t think he was asking to follow his logic to any other topic, just in what he said in this specific thing.

You can’t deny that it would overtake development just to implement this, and then for time ever after there would be balancing requests, etc. and then if it is such an optional thing without unique rewards as everyone seems to want it to be if at all who would use it? The pvpers would get frustrated because there is no one to pvp.

His point is strong but I get where he’s coming from. I started playing this game after some incidents with the warmode in wow and how toxic the pvp can get. I still play wow sometimes but not any pvp and that seems like the kind of playerbase we have generally speaking.

1 Like

Right now I would love a new release of just about anything really…

But yeah, I would be ok with some form of PvP if it’s not everywhere but only in certain areas.

It would be nice if the upcoming creative worlds also allows the Lua scripting like in the prototype so there perhaps we might be able to add it ourselves in a specific form in 1 world only!

2 Likes

I would enjoy some pvp in boundless. I would happily accept many restrictions and parameters to do it. Segregate it onto specific worlds, or new beacons with a pop-up warning you, or specific slingbows that only effect others with the same sling bow, or a wearable that does the same.

For the time being im satisfied with dodge bombs. I also have another idea or two of passive competition. But in general, lots of people enjoy competition. As i say this tho, i could understand if the dev team does not want this game to be about pvp in any way.

1 Like

They should absolutely let us have pvp, and they should absolutely make it optional.

And a great way and place for this to happen is on sovereign worlds!!

An option to flag the planet as ‘friendly fire’ or ‘pvp’ or whatever can be flagged from the world control UI. Then everyone is happy. People who want to pvp will have options for that, and people who hate pvp will know to stay away from those sovereign worlds.

Dev has made note in the most recent test notes for creative that plotting and beacons must exist else everything succumbs to world regen.

Not to mention half of the fun would be forts and bases to play capture the flag scenarios or huge tournaments. Taking away building and plotting would reduce a lot of the fun and allure to pvp.

1 Like

Any new idea would take time. That is not a reason to bring down an idea.
Suggestions are just ideas that we bring so devs can take it in consideration and maybe add it to the queue for future releases.

1 Like