How Big *Is* Boundless?

THIS IS NOT A ‘DEVS BAD’ TOPIC PLEASE TAKE THAT CONVERSATION ELSEWHERE

So, I came across this list of the five largest open world games from a couple of years ago and I couldn’t help but think that Boundless might deserve to bump in there.

What do we think?

Hmm. It would appear they did a follow up … with … … smaller worlds …

Also … this one maybe …

3 Likes

One of us needs to become a famous youtuber then start slipping Boundless into all their vids

8 Likes

Right?

I mean … I would … but I would swear SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much.

5 Likes

Boundless is pretty large that’s for sure.

But I am not sure you want any famous YouTuber playing Boundless… especially if they do a “Developer Spotlight” or “State of the Game”

3 Likes

That’s why it’s gotta be an inside job :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I get that some people would rather avoid the subject, but… seriously, man? Will you now make disclaimers like this in all your threads? Is this gonna be a thing, now?
< sigh >

Oooooh, careful Red. Remember : devs good! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway.

So. Correct me if I’m wrong, but each Survival World is 6km², right? Like the max size for Sovereign Worlds? Or is it 4.5km²?
From that, can’t we find a total value of all the Survival Worlds and compare it to other games more directly?
And the above video says that each Minecraft world is 600,000,000km²? Damn, I would never have thought they were so big.
:astonished:
Kinda doubt Boundless comes even remotely close to Minecraft.

Hey Gob, there are people missing you in game :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Ha ha. Funny thing, between posts, I’m technically still working, and it’s nearly midnight. ^^
EDIT (to avoid derailing further with May), here’s the load of work I’ve been dealing with for the past week:

And I gotta be finished for Monday, so likely gonna be working a bit more tomorrow.
But I’ll try to livestream again on Sunday. :wink:

2 Likes

What da Hill, on a Friday evening really? :sweat:

I made sure its not a Devs Bad comment… I made it Devs Aren’t Good comment… sorry I didn’t clarify.

2 Likes

as Rimbaud said, M*! M*! M*!

:rofl:
10 char

public survival worlds are 4.5km (ish) each way, ~20 sq. km that is. This means 1000 sq. km for 50 world universe we have; an equivalent of ~32 x ~32+ km square-shaped map

sovereign worlds are either 3, 4.5 or 6ish km long each way, giving us 9, ~20 and 36 sq. km respectively; most are probably on the small size, but with large number of them its still over 1000 sq. km right there on top of the permanent universe (there were a few hundred sovereigns at some point, so even with smallest size that was at least 3-4k sq. km; don’t know if we have more than 100 sovs now though)

2 Likes

are there any of the big sovereigns?

GTG have one large sovereign for xp farming (quick portal link to all regions there). I have seen a few of large worlds over time, but don’t know how many stay fuelled now.

1 Like

I just wanted to point out that our worlds arent flat, so they should be represneted in three dimension not two. 6km³ tyvm
Edit: However, the z axis, or the up/down is only 2.55km making our worlds a little shallower than exactly cubed. My point still stands if someone wants to do the actual math.

2 Likes

HSE HQ is a large one

@Solgato

4 Likes