How can I chisel a circle? And other chisel questions

It’s ■■■■ that the devs have given it in the past but act like it’s not possible cause trolling. Make player places water sources act the same but a different item number and make that version plot dependent so it only works on plots attached to the same beacon as the original source. Still semi limited but possible.
… or 1 bucket use per 1 block of water and then connect with water physics the way it would in nature but that seems harder lol

Edit: I said cr…ap… that shouldn’t be sensored js.

The devs gave water source blocks in early access knowing those worlds would not be used for the full launch of the game. There is a strict policy in place now, where there are not allowed to create anything to hand out to the player base. Most likely to not create any unfair advantage to anyone or upset any of the in game economics.

As far as I know, they have a basic implementation intended for fluid physics to help prevent griefing, which is to turn water to ice when it flows into the edge of your plot (and likewise lava to stone). However, I don’t think it’s ready to be released into the wild yet though.

And yes, some words to need to be filtered out. This is a family friendly forum and Boundless is marketed for ages 7+.

1 Like

Here is the end result for the first.

1 Like

Another possible (not necessarily more liked) solution is: do not use diagonal blocks at all.
If you build a 9x9 full-blocks circle as a 18x18 (chiseled) quarter-blocks circle, the result is usually pretty nice. At least for ranges > 15. It also has the advantage to not look so bad when visually confronting the circular border pattern with a circular floor pattern.
I’m currently building my own settlement in Alder, all heavily based around circles and spheres. I use this trick a lot.

PS: if you need it, a better tool for circles and spheres (and more) is: https://www.plotz.co.uk/

1 Like

Honestly Vatri, that looks a lot cooler than a circular one imo. It looks good! I do recommend trying out decorative blocks, I tried out a lot and black seems to call out to me :ok_hand:

However, a while ago I posted and suggested that the devs allow glass to be chiseled and to bring arch/curved chisels or some sort of recipe for curved/arch chisels in the forge. ARCH BOONS! Although, no luck on that front :confused:

1 Like

if you shift it a half block to top then it could work

1 Like

So next question.
How can i chisel this block?

Is it possible?

Here, use this. I’ve used it for minecraft for ages…

3 Likes

Thanks, but i build it as octagon yet, because circular isn’t possible yet.

And my new problem is actually…

Depends on the size and position of that shape in your build.

For example, the lower part could be a simple “upper” slab, but that’d require that the “lower” slab of the same block is either air, or unseen from outside…
In general I suggest just taking a chisel and experiment on the field.

Yeah i experimented, but i don’t get this result.
And I mean this as one block chisel.

No, that is not possible to make from a single block. The closest you can get requires 2 blocks on top of each other.

2 Likes

That’s good to hear on the first topic, and my apologies for the misunderstanding.

Also I’m sorry but cr@p isn’t a bad word regardless of your age. I’ll stop saying it cause god forbid I get banned for it rofl but it’s laughable.