How did you find Boundless (Oort Online)?

IGN showed the announcement trailer a while back and I loved what I saw.

1 Like

I honestly cannot remember. I think itā€™s possible I saw someone tweet out a picture and I fell in love straight away.

1 Like

Steam offererd (mmm bacon) and I got excited by what was there. Then @Squidgy & @Conflictnerd youtube vids got me to go wayfarer after I slept on it!

1 Like

I saw a steam promo when it first launched on steam back in Nov, and followed the game because it looked awesome. I saved up my money for awhile until I could get it early January.

1 Like

Steam put it as suggestion and I didnā€™t hesitate to buy a copy. Played for a few weeks and decided it was worth more backing so went and made a donation for Wayfarer.

2 Likes

Someone I follow on Twitter retweeted an article about the game a day or two after it became available for backing. Bought it that night. :smile:

2 Likes

Someone brought it up on Stonehearth discourse as we used quite a lot of time playing minecraft together :slight_smile:

I saw Steam promo too.

Think, this discussion need a vote.

Someone tweeted an article the same day it was announced, instantly fell in love. :heartpulse:

Im still just sitting here hoping somebody will say they bought it because i convinced them xD

I bought it because Zouls convinced me

3 Likes

Yes!! Finally xD

I was searching for maccoroni flavored toothpaste and it took me to the Oort website.

3 Likes

Soā€¦
Got a link for that toothpaste? Sounds like a perfect ā€œcomfortā€ paste after being ill.

Thats how I found it too :o Zouls convinced me to buy maccoroni flavoured toothpaste

Unortunately not, it was banned in all 196 countriesā€¦ apparently it was ā€œcancer inducingā€ and ā€œincreased chance of stroke and heart failureā€ but whateverā€¦ good thing I ordered in bulk.

Saw it advertised on Steam.

Steam -> Store -> Refine Search -> Mac OS X + Multiplayer + Co-op.

On the bottom of the second page of this search the banner of Oort stood out,
amongst the other banners that kept a more nature-toned or over-stylized-cluttered appearance.
The Oort banner stood out as a clean, pink, joyful, playful but stylistic banner, and when clicking the banner,
the information section seemed very inviting. Seemed to be a game that was spacious,
a game taking care to the nice flowing detail of water, shadows, light and giving it an overall feeling
of a magical land.

Then I looked for some gameplay/reviews of it on Youtube,
and I would not have bought unless I had seen a few regular, non-famous, Youtubers,
(who happened to not have that many views at all), and hear what they thought of it.
I can pay more for a game when I know pretty much anyone at all can review it,
with positives and negatives, as I am actually more likely to buy a game,
if I know some of the realistic negatives beforehand so I keep my expectations in the right place.

Looks Gorgeous.

3 Likes

I actually saw it on a forum post for Cube World. I took one look and could not wait till it was Early Access on Steam. I havenā€™t played much, but I do believe in this Dev team and I know this game will be everything they have promised it would be!!!

1 Like

Saw it recommended on Steam.