How do guilds pay for their buffs?

Another thread has me thinking about guild buffs… I’m curious how other guilds pay for their buffs?

I’m a leader of iLLumiNaughty and our guild, for example, has never asked anyone to donate coin. We do ask our members to run our co-ops and that’s it.

I would like to know how other guild leaders are facing the challenge.

1 Like

I use the beacon coin from the mall (20-30%), my own coin from items I’ve sold (60%), and any donations(10%+/-).

4 Likes

Im a guild of 1 with no footfall generation at the moment. Been running the gatherer’s healing helix for 3 weeks now at level 1 with no problems. Level up and other coffers are providing sufficient coin influx to keep it active along with spare coin for buying stuff here and there.

me and my wife pay everything with the coins we have with the store. Sometimes we have a donation

2 Likes

Mainly me and a couple others donate all the coin currently. For the buffs. Just did run and grapple 2 for the first time today.

1 Like

That “other thread” also had me thinking about how guild buffs are paid.

I think it’s entirely unfair that from what I’ve read, it seems only a couple individuals within the guild seem to pay for it, while the guilds themselves are a coin sink.

I myself can’t afford to contribute anything and even with leaders saying “that’s not a problem” the guilt of freeloading would eat me up. (Bless your hearts, though)

I liked the “staggering” idea not as a solo option, but as a smaller guild option, like 5-15 players who are comfortable where they are, but don’t have the same time as a 200 player guild. (I’m looking at it like more players = more time gaining xp/coin)

I know that brings up the thought of “why bother having a large guild then?” so my follow up idea is each player in a guild generates X coin for that guild that automatically goes into the guild funds? More players = more guild coin

Then a coinless player can still join a guild, and while not physically donating coin, they are still generating coin simply by being part of it.

And please, I don’t want this to turn into a “just run by for footfall” argument. I personally wouldn’t want to run through several rabbit holes just to regularly put my pinky toe on the property before running off again.

4 Likes

But a guild absolutely can be run by footfall! If community areas are plotted correctly you can generate enough to pay for the buffs.

That was my idea with the Footfall Co-Op… it’s a great way to earn coin for buffs, AND it allows members a way to “contribute” without actually handing over coin… all they have to do is run through it when they check their own beacons… on top of that the members and others who participate can earn money for their own guilds or themselves, depending on how they align their own beacons.

If beaconed with some creativity, mall owners and hub owners should have zero issue funding guild buffs. I adore they guys who run Ultima, but I have zero clue how they could need donations from guild members. 100% of community areas (hubs/roads/etc) could be controlled to give money to the guild, taking away the need for members to have to fork over their own coin.

That’s why I asked… not to judge… each guild should do what works for them… but it’s good to compare notes as ideas vary amongst the population.

Personally, yes it’s true. I start doing enough in foot-fall. But not long ago have paid everything with the store

1 Like

I forgot the foot-fall … so my apologies

I donate around 30-50k every couple weeks or when I can afford it. It’s not too hard to make a few thousand a day on footfall, and shops help too, but it’s the footfall that that is the only overall counter for the guild buff sink

My guild is only three members, so we only activate the smallest grapple & run buff, and footfall covers the cost.

We dont. Occasionally grab the grapple buff, but our guild isnt overly focused on coin/buffs and having them all for the sake of having them. We just enjoy the game and if it comes it comes.

3 Likes

The Golden Fist helps subsidise the guild buffs for our guild and our guild helps stock The Golden Fist (and the Fistibucks stands). Always running 3 buffs, mainly level 2, occasional level three if we feel like it or have need.

1 Like