How Do Prefab!¡?

heyho :slight_smile: thanks for the nice tutorial.
One question to it, after I am finished with my prefab. How do I save it? Where is the data stored?

you’d have to have the collectors edition to have the world builder, right?

Yup
10chars

1 Like

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

4 Likes

Damn you beat me to it! Good job neivr!

3 Likes

I sure it’s only answer for your question.

1 Like

Hmm so not as much noise but you can make your own variation that is a shame but an understandable technical limitation.

I can work with that though, it does mean that I am going to use weeks on every node, but the amount of possible variations is going to make up for that :smiley:

The system allows you to make variations of a prefab. Then one is selected when it’s placed into the world. This is obviously very important for common and organic prefabs.

3 Likes

It would probably make sense to add a “this block will not spawn X% of the time” modifier you can add to blocks, and a “random” grass seed (aka randomly chooses one of the grass heights or no grass"

That would allow to make smaller randomization instead of making a whole new prefab to make sure that it doesn’t repeat too much.

1 Like

Could blocks colours must be defined by end-side world?

My boundless keeps crashing whenever i try to place a Leaf Block in the Prefab world…

Rather Odd I gotta teleport when I remove one

I had that a couple of times - seems to fix itself if you teleport to the normal game worlds and then back to your prefab though.

I’ll give that a try when I go back in to try my hand at trees once more.

Anyone else experiencing severe issues while building prefabs?
Symptoms are:

• mini lags/teleportations after placing a block
  • blocks need to be placed twice to appear (they also need to be chiseled twice in order to become sloped)
  • character starts to spin after placing a block
  • unable to move for a second whenever a block is placed (or being completely unable to move if several blocks were placed)
1 Like

For me, I have to press the direction key twice to move after placing a block in full screen mode. Windowed mode isn’t affected by this though.

Yeah, I’ve run into the same symptoms on the OS X build a few times :frowning:

@nevir have you managed to add prefabs into a world yet? I’m a little stuck on how to do this at present!

You have to use them as a decoration. So you just connect them to the decoration node like you would connect a tree

1 Like

I’ve been trying that but can’t seem to get them to appear. I’m trying to add them to one of the existing example (albeit old) worlds, and then generating the chunk in the hope that they will appear, but have been unsuccessful so far :frowning: