How do you feel about the future of Boundless?

They don’t see a need for it as the game is not their main focus obviously. A community manager is a lot of work I have done it in the past and it is a lot of work and also at times very stressful as you just want to make the community you manage happy while gathering what information you can.

If there is a community manager still it would be nice if they just posted an update no matter how small it is in an effort to appease the masses while an update is being worked on. Even on top of that, they could do some videos or highlights or just simply some spotlights on builds etc.

Indeed, especially as the need to update on the latest patch progress or the game in general are also something that they don’t seem to see the need to do lol

1 Like

I’m hoping it’s just a time crunch on bg3. I’m expecting it to be something different lol.

Either way, I’m still playing for now

Boundless needed to deliver on its oort online promises of titans and ancient civilizations to explore years ago. Without those elements, Boundless is just a generic (though well made) multi-player voxel building game.

At this point, my opinion is they should take the technical lessons learned from developing this game and make a new game that can deliver on its promises early and often. Then, the legacy of Boundless can live on in a new platform that takes full advantage of current gen consoles and trends.

6 Likes

I am an optimist.

But the future looks bleak for me here and for the first time ever I feel things are not going great for Boundless.

1 Like

On thinking of it, if there is some serious crunch going on with BG3, could very well be they can’t say anything about it, even alluding to it as a reasoning for Boundless delays. :thinking: After all, seems Larian is strongly trying to recruit - part of that video where they announced the Guildford studio was to try to sell applicants on working for them. And crunch from what I read seems to be a very sensitive topic in the industry. Even if Wonderstruck/Turbulenz is technically separate still, those employees may all also be working for both and they might still have to answer to Larian if it came out on here, “Yeah, we’re all working 16-18 hours a day on this latest patch, hardly any of us can keep our eyes open…” and some applicant saw that while researching them and withdrew.

Just a speculation, of course. But hey, I don’t work for Larian, so I can say it.

1 Like

How does one do this?

Which thing?

If you have the required accounting and/or financing knowledge to interpret financial reports, you can view their stuff here:
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/06921988/filing-history

Note that they haven’t filed their 2020 documents yet, so you will mostly find that very little has changed since they incorporated, and maybe get some limited insight into their funding sources.

2 Likes

I mean the facts are not Hard To find.

Almost every dev has moved To larian.

Just look up from Twitter… Sam example tweeted about this In february… Minyi Also working now At larian. Leah changed her Job description.

I dunno why they just cannot say “hey we are taking this project For X amount of time”… Till Then boundless updates are not Coming.

Give us something. Its point less To even play the game When we are just Waiting

2 Likes

You can play to enjoy right now even if you don’t know what will come tomorrow. Everything ends, it’s just a question of when.

3 Likes

That is true.
Mainly what takes my feelings To play away is mainly not knowing whats up with the game.

Sure you can play the game like no tomorrow, but im not one of those People…
I dont want To waste 100hrs of building some village and end up with nothing.

I get it… Heres many People Who are totally opposite from me… And play the game full throttle… Good For them. I just cant… If i have to choose between watching tv and boundless nowadays. I choose tv about 9/10

1 Like

This is not the only game you can play.

This is why I think bl is different than most games. You can’t complete it, or reach end game (not the one they teased lol) and more importantly it takes so very very much time to build something awesome, not knowing if it’s going to end next week is off putting.

Sadly with the level of dev activity I’m actually expecting it to end, so I’m just playing for relaxation rather than build what I really want to.

Honestly, if my xbox and pc hadn’t been stolen, I would probably not be playing so much, if it all. Realistically I’d be waiting to see if the 2021 content drought was ending, or if bl life support was just switched off

He’s well aware of that… There are many players who log in regularly for short stretches then take long breaks. Their opinions are valuable. Most players quit and leave us to speculate as to why, so it’s good to have some on the edge of being in the right mood and figure out what could sway them to want to play consistently again.

Well what ive digged up is that
Ross
Blake
Michael
Leah
Minyi
And Luca

Have all quit from turbulenze and have worked In larian For around 3 months now.

Thats the fact and Pretty easy to dig up from LinkedIn.
So makes me Wonder is the some sort of contract that keeps them saying “its over” Or whatever.

2 Likes

On the flip side, for all we know they have a deal where the WS folks focus their efforts to help release BG3 as soon as possible, then Larian will take over a Boundless that has all the pieces in place to be mass marketed as Sony’s answer to Minecraft.

A fairy tale like that is just as likely as any doomsday conspiracy that would have us believe James fired the whole staff so he alone could milk us out of a few more months of gleam club and planet rentals…

3 Likes

I mean i wouldnt be surpriced if it would be that.

Wouldnt be the first time In gaming industry.

1 Like

So yea I’m not going to waste my time daydreaming about that scenario but I’m still going to play as though I have time to finish all my important builds and get all the screenshots I can get.

But like… what if they’re already working on the titan and Hunter with Larian as a side project…

3 Likes

I will not be hosting or joining any private servers I will continue on public

1 Like