How do you feel about the future of Boundless?

• Hopeful (positive)
  • Hopeless (negative)
  • Neutral

0 voters

Regards,

1 Like

I am very afraid of Patch 249. As I fear that this will be the end of the MMO, as everyone will be running their own servers.

3 Likes

At this time? Not very hopeful.

The update is being grossly delayed by something that I think just should be split off into it’s own update.
The update contains a nerf that is likely to cause more then a handful of players to go somewhere else.
The update contains swords that I am told are not worth using due to them being under powered.
The last time James spoke about the update was about a month ago.
And the last time LeahLemonCakes said anything at all was the 18th of Feb.

12 Likes

They are monitoring from the shadows :slight_smile:

Regards,

6 Likes

Not good enough, and the effects are starting to show. People are getting concerned.

9 Likes

Besides, there are only 6 employees left at Wondestruck (source: linkedin)
Note: That is how many profiles are shown on LinkedIn -> there could be more or less!

Regards,

4 Likes

6 is overestimating. There’s 3 directors including james, 2 aren’t involved in development. Not even sure the 6 on LinkedIn have just not updated their profiles.

Way I see it , the games in maintenance mode until James (and whoever else) are finished with BG3. I’ve just decided to play what we have.

My only real issue is if the game goes community hosted that I will lose all my progress, at this stage the devs are doing fk all anyway so maybe community development is the way to breathe life into this game

6 Likes

My concern is that people hosting “local universes” ends up splitting the population even more, basically spelling the death sentence for the game.
Splitting the population is the last thing the game needs right now.

While I understand that keeping the lights on is important, I feel like the massive delay of the update, and the sparse updates, are a slippery slope towards eventual demise, as players keep leaving, rather than joining.

I’m genuinely concerned that the game will bleed enough players to eventually just not be viable anymore.
Fixing player retention should be the number one priority, just as it should’ve been half a year ago.

At least that’s what I feel is the most critical issue. I mean nothing negative by saying this, mind you; I want the game to thrive.

7 Likes

That means, there were more times? - Next, do you have to fear the Wundertruck is broke?

2 Likes

They got another project - Baldur’s Gate III

Regards,

I will be leaving and never returning, I been burnt time after time when it comes to player hosted Servers, either from corrupted admins who cheat, or from servers randomly vanishing into thin air,

I came to boundless to get away from all of the problems with player hosted servers, Otherwise I would still be playing FTB minecraft which haves alot more technical things and automation.

6 Likes

I think the same.

Check their accounts online. Freely available in the UK. I’ve seen much better lol

Yup.

BL is a spare time hobby for james at this point I think

1 Like

I just hope that if I does go south and the “lights go off” that they actually say something and do the decent thing of communicating it, rather than just coming in one day to find everything gone

2 Likes

Whew. This is tough. I WANT to stay positive and hopeful. But I am terribly worried, just so many bad signs here. So voted neutral.

In addition to BG3, from Wonderstruck’s site, also looks like they’re working on a new IP called Agency Zero. The team certainly seems excited about BG3 (if they are happy, I’m happy for them, as they’ve brought me a lot of happiness with their work), and I’m sure there must be a lot of long hours involved in the work for that. I don’t want to speculate as to their current feelings about Boundless here, since I don’t know of course what they are thinking and it might be unfair. But impossible not to compare the passion and excitement of the dev log posts from years back compared to now. In any case, it could be without Larian’s support, maybe we wouldn’t have Boundless at all now, who knows. Will always be grateful for Boundless, all things eventually come to an end, just hope it is far off for it, that they can at least keep it going even if a side project.

I will throw something out here, too: there is another possible path, that I’m watching in another game I’m really into right now. I don’t know if this would work for Boundless but maybe worth a mention. Creativerse, for those not familiar, sort of similar to Boundless in being a voxel building game - it was created and owned by a company called Playful, but around Fall of last year, they farmed out the development to a team called Throwback Entertainment. Playful still owns it and has at least one person doing some work on it (livestreams and some writing at least, and online questions handled by another person they contract) but the technical stuff from what I understand all the other group now. They’re doing really well with it - new group is very quick to solve issues, and has been putting out lots of cool new stuff, like NPCs and new blocks and furniture and costumes. Maybe a similar arrangement could work here too, if they really don’t have the time to devote to it these days?

14 Likes

i think concerns and worries are being created by posting threads like this…
the more of these topics gets created the more worries and concerns it creates its just easy as that.
also a bad advertisement to new players, yet we want more players but the community pushes them away…, i think if you want answers or info PM the devs directly. that’s my thought :slight_smile:
i feel such topics repeat itself each every few days

10 Likes

Not good enough, Answers should be public so everyone gets some assurance.

New players have the right to know, even if it is bad news. This I would think should be motivation for the devs to speak up and put a stop to the doom and gloom topics that are going around. because all they have to do is communicate with us and people will stop feeling the need to post doom and gloom topics.

Did i just poke the bees nest?

5 Likes

I’d argue that the answers should be “public” as some of us backed through crowdfunding way back in like 2014.
Founders should at least deserve to know the status, since we made it possible for them to ship it to begin with.

Sadly, we do not. Yet.

3 Likes

James mentioned already they don’t plan on closing (who can find it), and yet people keep the bugging just because they don’t get a update for a while. as for the administration team, its their choice to interfere with the community, but a administration doesn’t need to do this at all! they got community managers for that, so one should be happy they want to be part of it. i would get sick of the bunch with all these rumors and don’t like to repeat myself

that i agree on but there’s no bad news so why post something?

3 Likes