How do you like this version of glass?

I’m good with just thinner frame :smiley: The issue with just outer frame (visually) is that if you make really big window, like 4x4, you kinda don’t get it that there is a window.

One thing that maybe could be done is make tiling textures like for rock, where you have 8 (or something like that) textures that show in certain order and make larger textured surface. If that would be done for glass, maybe making 2x2 grid it would be interesting, but there would be few issues with that, when you make 1x1 you’d get only two sides framed, another issue is that you’d have to align your build to 2x2 glass texture if you want to have frames at specific point. All in all not much we can do from user side than tweaking a texture where possible :smiley:

1 Like

This looks great and will take care of 99% of the ideas I have. Well done!

2 Likes

Definitely a great improvement! Is it possible to make glass that can be shaped with a chisel?

1 Like

That’s something only the devs can do, and I believe that is a goal at some point.

1 Like

We need multiple types of glass from no frame, to stained, to framed.

3 Likes

I think it’s much better, but shouldn’t they have at least a little reflection? And maybe also not only thin border but also thin glass; no one uses 1-meter-thick glass to make windows.

It protects us from monsters though…

1 Like

@ChimeraGaming

1 Like

Need texture link!
Glass border should only exist at edge!

===================
Edit:
And carved glass !!
I want to build a 45 degree angle bridge, and I need to tilt the carved glass block

1 Like

We can’t mod glass to be chisel-able, but the texture link is on the first post

1 Like

Maybe glass can have a slight reflection on it like the water

2 Likes

inb4: @lucadeltodecso dismissing all our glass fantasies :rofl:

1 Like