How do you mine your gems?

I feel like the easiest gems to collect is the sapphire and dismond. All other ones are a pain in the butt. I tried finding emerald for 2 days now mining 4 hours each day and i find two veins -.- i tried besevrona and shedu tier and found them on besevrona more than shedu tier?! And that constant lava on shedu tier is just so triggering. Trying to search this forum for some good info other than altitude 0-20 and “use the atlas” comments are not helpful. People beign like yea i found like 200 in 1 hour but not saying where or what alt they were digging and not giving any tips but just commenting for the sole purpose of boasting. I ain’t about that life :smiley: so if anyone can just share their experience it would be much appreciated.

I stand in the middle of the planet and through the force of sheer willpower I draw the gems towards me.

In all seriousness I’ve not found gem mining to be particularly difficult, especially since going to T6 planets.

Diamonds and emeralds are the easiest for me to acquire. My bugbear is ruby, I’ve not found more than 3, so I just get diamonds and transmute them.

To avoid lava you kind of either want to be below or just above it, level 16 means you might uncover it on the floor in front of you, going down to 5 seems ok in most instances but you will sometimes just uncover a wall of it, personally I can’t be bothered to work around it a lot of the time and when i find it I just turn around and go in another direction.

Honestly a lot of the time it’s just luck and equipment, those people who are boasting about coming back with hundreds have top tier equipment. I have a ridiculously fast diamond hammer that 1 hits stone in 3x3 aoe and was able to pull in a huge emerald haul on one run (Around 400)

Other runs I might only walk away with a handful, there isn’t really anything else I can suggest, there is no magic trick to it, as long as you’re in the right depth and in a resource hotspot, you just need to branch mine as effectively as you can.

1 Like

Here it comes

1 Like

Most people are going to tell you the same thing.

• Make a pure mining alt at lvl 50 with all the best stats for mining.

• Use Gem Forged Hammers with 3x3 and dmg Boons

• Use an Atlas

• Use a Strength Potion to 1 hit all blocks on the planet for 10 mins each

• Get good, and stop crying like a noob.

They will tell you to follow all those steps, and you’ll be able to find all the gems you need like they do!

1 Like

Lol… this can only end well

On a more helpful note, locations for everything are in this thread

I usually have the best luck around 9-11 alt at the hot spots. Another tip: if you dig for 20-30 blocks and don’t find any ore or coal, you are in an area that is most likely regening, move up to 16 alt or down to 6 alt and try again. If its still a no go, move to a different hotspot.

1 Like

when i tried my first approach on gems it was emeralds, just with aoe diamond hammers i bought.
no potions, i sold all those emeralds and made a big++ over the hammer price.

oh and it was saturday evening

This is actually somethin i never knew. Ran into dry spots a few times. Saw no holes in my immediate area so i figured bad luck, but since resources regen last this makes sense. :hushed:

1 Like

yup yup. I’ve thought of making an 80x80 plot diamond mine I could use regen bombs on and lock for 6-8 hours at a time so diamonds would respawn, then reopen it to the community everyday. However, people would probably pass a brick if their play time is during my working day and I had it locked

There some good advice on this page except for the noob thing. I personally do not agree with that when no one is a seasoned expert at everything. The way I did it was with a iron hammer and chisel farm your way to 100k coin go buy some persisting pie and a couple aoe hammers and show the hotspot who’s boss. Also there are fully discovered atlases being sold in bittula

Yep, pretty much. Advice that doesn’t help.

2 Likes

Great advice.

If you don’t have fancy equipment, you can always mine in a grid system with iron hammers and a chisel.
Make a corridor 2 high x 1 wide, mine upwards, 1x1, as high as you can every third block and do the same below you and to either side. Make a parallel 2x1 corridor and do it over again.

This usually gets me 30-40 gems (and a pile of ore and coal)in a couple hours with plain, old iron hammers.

Or you can bomb mine, destroy most of the resources you are trying to get, and let the area take 24+ hrs to regen.

I rage bomb mined right after the bomb mining nerf :joy:. Throw a bomb, blind chisel while running around my hole. I actually came out with 40-50 diamonds that way but I probably blew up 50+ in the process :sweat_smile:

Lol, bomb mining is still viable but some people bomb every square inch of a hotspot. This only ensures that regen takes longer. Sustainable mining and all that

1 Like

People likely would pass a small to medium brick factory if you did that, but…

All is fair in love and tradewar… also; it would be more useful during its open hours than a swiss cheesed area that never gets to fully regenned.

Also, as to OP; the people that report 400 gems per hour are using a completely irrelevant measurement system to yours if you arent using the same tools with stamina regen epic and foods.

Please consider this for a moment (not being patronizing, i actually think people don’t realise this):

If you go out with a smart stack of iron tools to a pristine hotspot, full regen, untouched for days- you are lucky if you get 20-40 gems per hour and very lucky if you go over 60… thats a gem a minute!
The thing is, in your hour you could probably collect up to a stack and a half, maybe 2 stacks of rock. So thats lets say 20 gems per 900 rocks whacked. Thats terrible.

Now Captain Gemtool with 3x3 and persisting foods and strength brews shows up to a similar hotspot. They also blindly go to “0-20” and whack away. Thing is, if they 1shot lvl 5/6 rocks they clear 9 rocks per swing where an iron tool can take 6-10 swings to clear a single block. Ignoring that their tools swing faster than yours… in the time you collect 1 rock they can eat out at least 50+ rocks. So they are seeing so much more of the world down there that in the end, a full spec high end tool weilding strength brew drinking miner should pull out 50+ times as many gems as a lone iron hammerer can.

Its not that theres a big secret to it, the secret is the more you mine in less time the more you get in less time…

Hope this puts into perspective why bomb mining may still be worth it in terms of rate if you blow up a lot of the loot, simply because you u cover so much more surface that you’re bound to get more gems than 1block hammering

1 Like

It is but i’ve switched to just flat out hammer mining once i adjusted to the changes

Thanks everyone. I’ve been trying some things and i have definitely gotten quite a few gems now. Especially the tip about moving to a different spot if you cant find anything at all has really helped, i didnt even think of that xD died once by lava when digging down straight but oh well thats what i get for being lazy xD so i just kept going until i didnt find anthing no more so i didnt waste to much time, returned to sanctum and went to a different spot and that worked so well xD if anyone has more tips font hold it back!

1 Like

When mining, I use three set of tools: stone square chisels, any hammer iron or better, and explorer’s fist.

For diamond, I go to serpendsarindi, find the bright highlighted spot for diamond on atlas, dig down to altitude 9, and start digging. I use chisel to probe for ores, gems, and lava. with max control bonus, I can probe down to mantle from altitude 9, and also probe up to altitude 18. the probe gives an idea of where diamond may be hiding.

For ruby, I go to alcyon, find a desert near altitude 64, and make sure the area is brightly highlighted on atlas, dig down to altitude 9 and start mining.

For sapphire, and topaz, I go to cardass, find highlight spot on atlas, find one at altitude 120-130ish.

For amethyst, I go to besevrona, dive under water, find a spot that’s relatively shallow, around altitude 40ish. Make sure area is highlight and dig down to altitude 9 and start mining.

For emeralds, I go to either besevrona or shed tier. Besevrona is less treacherous but the drop seems to be lower per seam. Shedu tier is a bit harder. I find I get best result when I look for spots that are brightly highlighted on atlas, then dig down to altitude 10. Most large veins of emerald seams I find on shed tier is from altitude 10-11.

Tips: 1) when digging straight downward, I first probe with chisel to make sure there’s isn’t any lava or cave underneath. I want to prevent any death from burning in lava or fall damage. 2) when digging underwater, especially on besevrona and shed tier, find the right technique to make air pockets is important. I watched one of jiivita’s video on mining gems and the technique he used when diving down to mine emeralds was very helpful.

2 Likes