How is the Ground Basher?

Warning!!
This is NOT me rushing the devs,I’m simple curious about how my favorite creature is going!!

Ok,so a couple of months ago we saw a little preview on the Ground Basher…

And I’m just wandering how this is going?
And if possible,please use pictures!

5 Likes

Why, smashing of course!

6 Likes

Hahaha,

Man that creature looks awesome. Exciting stuff!

1 Like

And this was like 3-4 months ago,imagine what it looks like now!

2 Likes

Ah G-Sage, good question and a felt you needed a good update because he’s my favourite also. :wink:

Sorry, but we parked the creature creation as a whole about a week after that pic to focus on the porting (for the coders) and playable character features (for animation) as the biggest priority. We’re only just starting to get back a little into creatures this last week since the test release of the C++ version - Claudio’s almost finished the full range of creature family concepts.

I’m getting super excited about them all again (perhaps a character flaw of mine :smile: ). The challenge about this basher in particular is not that it creates block damage (we have that prototyped and it looks AWESOME) - it’s actually because it’s scaled up to 3 times the size. We’re going to maybe have to create either an environment suitable for spawning Bashers or develop some clever ai to deal with slops, clipping and edges. If we need to make him smaller then we’ll look at that also…but that would be a shame because he’s much better bigger.

Here’s a pic from my archive. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Ok cool!
Well thank you for the update,and please keep me posted!

4 Likes

Yea I can imagine that it’s quite difficult to make an AI for such a big creature which can deal with the terrain we have in Boundless.
Still would be a shame if you’d have to shrink him.

3 Likes

i love this creature

3 Likes