How many colours of rocks are there?

From what I can see theres about 250 colours, and every colour seems to let you add sedimentary, igneous, and metamorphic to request baskets… but 750 variations of rock doesnt seem to align with the amount of planets.

Am i right in thinking it would be closer to 120 (40ish planets times 3)?

there are 256 colours used for everything in game, coded from 0 to 255. Rocks of all colours arent all ingame at the moment though.

1 Like

You might find this link helpful.

3 Likes

Yeah thats more the question, does anyone know roughly how many in the game currently?

I started making a rock shop, but I’m pretty lazy and dont want to do 100’s of em, so depending on this answer, the next question might be “whats your favourite rock colours”?

Legend! Thank you.

I knew some helpful person would have done all the hard work already.

1 Like

The sheet was made by @Okkelinor - though if you’re looking for examples of the rocks in-game, @nevir has a warehouse with all the current colours listed. You can find his topic here;

2 Likes

Yeah nice, thats pretty impressive… ill have to swing past and check it out.

I hope they are pc players, typing out all the signs on ps4 was the single movitvating factor for this thread! Spending a few hours world hopping and checking things out while collecting one of each is kind of fun, typing on the ps4 made me start to regret my choices.

2 Likes

Yeah - we’re PC, but even then typing out all the signs & setting up the shop stands & request baskets was a huge amount of time spent ><

2 Likes

Plug in a USB keyboard on PS4; boom, not too bad :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hats off to you, i know the pain and im not even close yet. Ive spent about 3 hours so far, and have exactly 0 setup… haha.

Ive done about 50 then tore it all down and started over 3 times now trying to work out the best way to arrange them so sellers can find their colour/planet easily.

If i can get signage and request baskets up some time this year I’ll be happy, but it will never look as fancy as yours with all the examples of stone/refined etc.

1 Like

255* actually, 0 does not code for a colour but is part of a compression scheme where all ‘world default’ colours will be represented as 0 when placed in the world

1 Like

Is that why the colors in machines show the current worlds color, instead of the color of the material that being processed?

1 Like