How much coin do you have? Poll

Yeah thats true, and i did think that after i posted. FF and achievements are really the only ‘new’ money streams so i get what youre saying.

I know some people get quite upset by other peoples footfall though, so just thought id clarify its not quite the money making beast some might think and we’re not sitting on mountains of coin throwing scraps to the peasants.

We love running it, but its not for the coin.

2 Likes

Come on guys, can you please just read the context? ><
We’re not talking about how rich portal hub owners are. I know how much money goes towards oort.

We’re talking about new money being generated into the economy. The only 3 ways that happens atm, is with the minter, FF and objectives. The last one probably being near negligible.

The money made with minter oopsies (exploits, whatever you call it) pales in comparison with all footfall generated across the universe.

2 Likes

well my point was how much is going out of the economy again if you consider that most guilds want atleast 3 buffs activated for their guildmembers. Which is a great coin sink. weekly

Edit: Would be cool if there was a graph shared be the devs about the coin fluctation. Im sure they have it somewhere since i suppose the balance stuff regarding coin haha

1 Like

The thread is called “how much coin do you have?”

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

i think most of the footfall clears up by taxes and guild buffs

so it is at least for me i need to pay more most of the time

Yeah and you responded to a post discussing money entering the economy :wink: aka, the context :smiley:

arent you guys trowing 10 mill to those peasents? hahaha

4 Likes

Its actually all pretty well balanced. Taxes/buffs etc balance that generation by footfall so we dont have massive inflation constantly. Thats why shop prices dont just keep skyrocketing.

These WS guys and gals are pretty clever sometimes

2 Likes

We were talking about money ENTERING the economy. Not how it exits. I could also mention that i spend a lot of money on grapples. That statement would be equally relevant to the topic as both of yours.

I give up. shrug

Haha… damnit.

To be honest we dont actually have it yet, but we will be busy over the next 7 weeks to get there!

All of that will be gathered/crafted by the guild

1 Like

And any sponsors of course… love sponsors… you should sponsor! Lol

1 Like

when you spend a lot for grapples its just by another player :grin: ( edit: as I am get often misunderstood this was just a joke)

i only wrote my statement because I believe when you mention mechanics that bring money into the system you must also mention those that remove it

and even if not, the others are still correct/appropriate in stating they do not contribute to the wealth through maintenance costs, which is what this post is about

You still don’t understand the core concept.

I’m going to repeat this 1 more time for the hard of hearing/reading.

I was ONLY talking about money entering the economy. Saying that the amount of money generated by FF is huge, likely bigger than most people thing it is. Across the universe, i reckon it’s millions daily.

This consistent combined amount is much bigger than the 1-time amounts generated by the spark-issue or any previous minting issues.

That is ALL. How, why or when it exits is completely irrelevant to my point.

Every person trying to defend themselves in terms of “but my FF goes towards oort” etc, did not understand the meaning of my (or rather DK’s) initial point.

I believe the economy of boundless is very fair and balanced. As uniek mentioned, the tax system works well and the guild buffs are a nice sink too. I didn’t say hub owners are rich. I didn’t say the money inflates. I ONLY mentioned FF is likely the biggest single source of new money in the game.

but then it is still right to write it?
I think my english is too limited and I overlook something, but I still try it again

i mean just footfall is balanced by taxes and guild buffs (+warps)
and i write it because i think (maybe thats the missing part here :sweat_smile:)
the minter already make it unbalanced because ther is no limit you can make no counter mechanik and exploits make it even worse

The missing part is that you’re making statements against something i didn’t say :stuck_out_tongue:
It’d be the same if you said: “blink grapples are expensive” and i were to comment with “yeah but topaz is really cheap”. I’d be technically correct, but it’s completely irrelevant to the point :slight_smile:

so you are dictating how the conversation should go? i mean OP only talked about how much coin do YOU have. not how much is generated and stuff. Yet the conversation went in the direction where the generation came up. So we took it in the direction where stuff is balanced about income.

What i can understand. Since generation of coin and the sinks in place, which we both agree is balanced. you could think that those exploits temporary exploits are the injections that brings more coin into the world.

But if you feel frustrated about something, dont waste your energy to reply :smiley:

dont get it to work quoting all but this and the following one i mean and are the reason for my posting

but right maybe i understand it then wrong

Exactly :slight_smile: And as you can see, all i’m mentioning is how much money is coming into the economy from FF alone. That’s it :slight_smile:

Exactly. And if you read back, i’m replying to DK saying he reckons FF is the biggest coin generator. That’s it. Then you and Uniek misread it as me saying “ermergerd hubs are rich”. Uniek re-read the post and realised he had misread it. The others kept taking my comment into the misread context.

1 Like

and i just point on the way it also got also removed in the first post and not even too you but in general :confused:
no matter what I give up :laughing:

1 Like

I also got carried away :slight_smile:
Anyway, we pretty much all agree, FF is the big money source coming into the economy, tax/guild buffs make sure there’s not too much inflation :slight_smile:

1 Like