How much coin do you own?

Yeah I kind of jumped to extremes by calling it a “mistake”, but I absolutely think limits need to be placed on it so an account can only generate x amount of coins per day.

1 Like

maybe yeah, “artificial caps” on gains is kinda a double edged sword though. say in other MMOs caps on types of progression currencies has caused a “meta” to play optimally, without caps it is just time = gain… would that happen here? probably not, but it has ruined my enjoyment of other games with whole swaths of their community telling more “casual” players that if they aren’t min/maxing their currencies they are playing “wrong”.

to me, if someone wants to spend 100hrs of clicking a rock to get something they want that is fine, I hope they enjoy it. but I don’t want mechanics to push spending 2hrs a day clicking a rock in order to hit coin cap just to make sure you don’t “fall behind”

2 Likes

I used to think someone taking advantage of an exploit or game mechanic was a little unfair, but really mostly for other players in the community.

Can you really “fall behind” in Boundless? If anything, all of the newer players are at a disadvantage as most of them including myself couldn’t have taken advantage of say free coins due to some exploit/bug be it with the minter or any other dupe bug etc.

If anything, the plots are the only way I feel someone might get behind and for any new player it’s such a grind to get enough plots to actually make something very large or spending a good chunk of change to get a lot of plots and even then, they get less due to not being a founder …etc.

Either way, I never felt behind.

4 Likes

You do know there are people who have multiple accounts?

One of the other game I play (Neverwinter MMO) has caps on campaign currency, with a weekly limit on how much you can earn. It drives me bonkers because I have to log on every week and maximize my earnings to get anywhere.

I started play June 5th, 2019. By December 20th, 2019, I had put about 1400 hours in (avg 56 hours a week).

Now? Maybe 6 hours a week.

2 Likes

Absolutely. Comparison is the thief of joy.

3 Likes

It’s a bit weird how in Boundless it’s easier and faster to grind exp (=cubits=plots) at late game than early game. Usually the rate of gaining premium currency ingame goes down the longer one plays.

I’m not complaining, though.

1 Like

Gave all my stuff and coin to @Redlotus

1 Like

I have my machines working with 300k gleam poles 24/7 but i havent put alot of focus to put every of the refinerys to work but thats gives me 3,6 mill if i remember correctly each 34 hour or so but i deffinetly put some of it to work every day so when i wake up i can get like 600k for the day to spend and empty some people shop stands to support players markets

5 Likes

can be solved quick just add silly hats that cost 100mill

4 Likes

Agreed. A store for skins would be a fun sink for coins, one that the players stock via a new crafting station perhaps.

4 Likes

Oh boy would that be my department… Designing patterns like skins for tools or body paint… And then the game developers can check your work before you can print it off in game and sell in shop… Sorry went nerd for a min :joy: I can’t draw to save my life… but love in game designing for stuff.

4 Likes