How much is prestige of each deco sedimentary rock?

We need a list of what each blockā€™s prestige is worth in an otherwise empty beacon, as that number would be more useful than saying, ā€œOh, marble is worth like 4 base prestigeā€¦ā€

I donā€™t think it would be much more useful in estimating prestige before building. These numbers can seem discouraging, but I bet those would be a lot more disappointing.

not really, you all dont seem to understand what a diminishing return is.

Beacon is worth 10
Annotation%202020-03-09%20150536

Beacon worth 10 + deco worth 32
Annotation%202020-03-09%20150609

Beacon worth 10 + deco worth 32 + deco worth 31
Annotation%202020-03-09%20150633
(realistically that set of deco is all now worth 31.5)
Adding a 3rd deco will lower the value even more and the end result would probably be around 103

No you donā€™t, what you all need to stop doing is trying to game the system.

how to get maximum prestige (ie cheat):

• Use all the materials
  • Use all of the colors
  • Use blocks from all of the prestige value ranges
  • Use more lower end prestige blocks then higher ones
  • Have a lot of empty air in your builds.
  • Chisel some of your build
  • Add onto, Donā€™t Remove and Upgrade
  • All of the above up to 24% of your total build.

If you dont want to make your build ugly by doing the above make a prestige room under your build that no one will see, go look under TNT Mega hub for a good example of this.

And now go put that 1 block in a fully built place that already has a few million prestige and see that number is completely different. So that base point is no longer whatā€™s added. Another words moot.

When ever anyone asks for the prestige of a block just give them this

Exactly why base prestige is a moot point.

Built place with no deco stone in it will most likely get more than the base prestige of the block at first unless youā€™re already at the bonus cap which means itā€™ll probably give less than base prestige. But a non Built place will start at base prestige and all the other bonuses will start to fluctuate while building.

So like I said prestige is a monster and knowing what base prestige of a block is becomes pretty moot.

Prestige really is a monster. If youā€™re chasing the number, it forces you to build a certain way (unless you utilize prestige vaults under your build). I wish there was a way to get simple answers though, because not being able to answer questions about the game does not make it more fun.

The simple answer is stop caring about prestige so much and just play the game.

IE stop trying to cheat, if you were having fun you wouldnt care about what the number say.

http://boundlesscrafting.com/crafting/decorative-sedimentary-rock-1

Base Prestige is as example 12

you always get this prestige amount, you cant drop under the base value, but you can get a lot bonus. I think Bonus was around 50-100%

you get Bonus Prestige for:

• Mixing Different Block Typ (Stone,Metal,Marbleā€¦)
  • Ratio from Blocks (using 10 sedi and 10 meta give a higher bonus as 19 sedi and 1 meta)
  • Use a block colour which is not from this world (as example the world has black sedi, than yo get bonus if you use white sedi)
  • Use different block colours
  • Block to Air ratio, 100% air is not good and 100% blocks is not good too
  • Using Chisel (using different shapes give more bonus)
  • Ratio between chisel & unchiseled blocks

thats not correct, using low prestige blocks give no extra. you get a bonus for using all different blocks in a equal amount that mean best is 50% low prestige and 50% high prestige as example.

This is not true. If you use too many of the same block type, you continue to receive less and less prestige. It can go down to fractional points, but is now always positive.

In the original (release) system you could go to negative prestige.

for a short time it was possible to get negative with ancient corruption yes in the real early version, but this was long before :wink:

and no you cant drop under the base prestige, still with 100k block and nothing else you will get the base prestige
as example i have here a big plot with 4800 sedi brick and i get 18 prestige per block and base prestige is 9

This was true in release, easily with soils and being overbuilt so going negative on the old ā€œbuilt spaceā€ category when it was still shown in the debugger.

October 2018:

Regarding the new system:

@FayaAOP is getting less than 1 prestige per deco stone block on some of his pyramids now.

1 Like

I build a pyramide too with 100k concrete (28x28plot size) and i had more as base prestige after set up all concrete, i am sure he got more as 1 prestige per block

It seems I can demonstrate this for you if you want to visit my farm on kol huroo.

You can see the black concrete I added between screen shots.

is this marble in the beacon ? and you know that the calculations needs some time for refesh ?
but we are now far away from topic and i stop here now, more discusion over pm

Theyā€™re supposed to be real time but now Iā€™m leaving it there because it doesnā€™t seem like I should be at that low of a threshold.

Still it does definitely happen and thereā€™s a dev saying it can go as low as 1/100 of a point per block.

@Lucadeltodecso?

Also after a minute or so of leaving the block in place it did give me more than base prestige on this beacon. At this size it must take a moment to recalculate and Iā€™m not usually watching prestige so closely so youā€™re definitely right about that.

Thatā€™s good I didnā€™t think I was that out of balance here there is quite a bit of block variety :sweat:

Prestige Weighting: This works in tandem with the above Prestige buckets. Since realistically a build will tend to use a lot of lower value blocks (woods & stone etc.) rather than a castle of Diamond, we have made sure the ideal ā€œspreadā€ of prestige buckets will act more favourably to larger lower value buckets.

Histogram of Prestige Buckets: Each prestige value of a block/prop falls into a bucket value of prestige (i.e. 10 prestige items 12 prestige items and so on). The game will now look at the histogram of spread of blocks/props across the beacon area. If the beacon is considered to have a good spread of prestige items in each bucket, the final score will not be changed. If the spread is very uneven (so for example, then thousand 50-prestige items but barely anything else), the game will begin to penalise the total prestige on a curve of how uneven the spread is.

Also from: Prestige Balance in Testing 218

"discretePrestigeValues": [2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 24, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160, 200, 240, 280, 320, 360],

From: ā€œC:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Boundless\assets\archetypes\beaconsettings.jsonā€

ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

???
using different block typ (sedi & meta) in a equal amount give you the best bonus
and you are write here over a other bonus. The histogram is for the bonus from low and high prestige blocks :wink: and like the text say a equal amount from all is the best like i say

This works in tandem with the above Prestige buckets

you put the sentence out of context :wink: using 80% low prestige and 20% high prestige is not better than 80% high and 20% low
a even balnce is the best

People need to just stop caring about the numberā€¦

If People are interested, i could go to my base and put down a deco sedi or igni. They are more or less the same amount built with currently.