How much money is in circulation in boundless? and how much quests did it take to do it?

I wonder, how much money is in circulation? (before and after humble bundle sale)

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the vast majority of money in the economy has come from Minters.

3 Likes

Is minting really abused that hard?

There was a VERY recent patch where the Devs had to significantly lower the mint value of certain gleam items. People were botting to collect tons of gleam, turning it into doors and then selling those doors for gains.

I’ve been mining A LOT of gleam for experience, and I’ve done it REALLY long enough. I didn’t see any bots.

1 Like

Minting is a problem, but the majority of coin definitely isn’t from minting.

1 Like

I’m curious, where is it coming from according to you? Because the 100c or whatever you get from daily chests really isn’t putting much money into the economy :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s hard to say how much money there is in circulation atm. The hardest part is to gauge how much the solo players have. They have no stands or baskets.

But judging by what i know about big players and their baskets, it’s definitely in the 100’s of millions. Possibly a billion!

2 Likes

I only put my trash in the minter. Maybe a couple hundred coins a week. All my money comes from selling to request baskets, until my paint shop takes off.

1 Like

I want to know where money came from before the minter. Did all these people pop chest and complete objectives?..maybe but that’s not a very fast way to make money really, keep in mind forged gear was around 25k+ from what I’m aware of. The only reason we make money selling is because because people already have money, also the minter is the only thing in game with unlimited coins so it’s hard to say it wasnt a main way at some point

Footfall and shop stands.

2 Likes

Ohhh footfall! I always forget about that.
Shop stands is just money circulating, not money entering the system :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I also forgot about that, I dont make enough to notice it tho :joy:

1 Like

There were definitely many players with many many millions of coins prior to the minter even existing.

4 Likes

I know people who mint and people who get footfall. I’d estimate over 90% of new coin generated in, say, March 2020 came from footfall.

2 Likes

Come on, people were making well over 100,000 per hour minting gleam doors. There is still many things you can mint to earn close to that. There is no way footfall even comes close to making the same coin as the minter.

1 Like

i would be shocked if it was only a billion… i would guess it is around 10-50 billion at least.

1 Like

That’s a lot of money :stuck_out_tongue: Do you know many with over a 100 million in money + basket money? :open_mouth:

1 Like

foot fall has been around a lot longer than the minter though… also foot fall was bugged at first and gave a lot more coin than it does now… and there was a lot more players at launch…

i wouldn’t be surprised if the minter is catching up to maybe even surpassed a bit… but probably not drastically.

4 Likes

I was referring to DK stating in March footfall would be making more coin. Over the lifetime of the game, yeah it may be even considering the early days when it wasn’t so restrictive. But currently, minter would be the main way coin enters the economy without a doubt.

2 Likes

i know of at least one player that was in the 80mil range. I’m mostly basing my guesstament off of how easily i got to the 10mil range without really trying :man_shrugging: and i do know quite a few that are that range and much higher.